Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the market for a pop up ground blind that is quick and comfortable. Does anyone have any recommendations cost is not a factor.
Oh, I forgot to mention it needs to be light in weight and fast to setup, with no bottom and 360 degree veiw.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
The DogHouse would be appropriate to you. Really best buy on the marker. Low and wide just perfect for x bow. I got mine on sale for $45. Can't beat that.

·
5 Posts
Outhouse blind

I have tried the Ameristep Outhouse blind and it was too small only because it is made like a teepee and is 68" square at the base it tapers down at the top and is too cramped when you stand up. I returned it and will buy the Dog House blind.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Portable ground blind

Cossack said:
The DogHouse would be appropriate to you. Really best buy on the marker. Low and wide just perfect for x bow. I got mine on sale for $45. Can't beat that.

I agree for the money The Doghouse is hard to beat.
And it is very quick and easy to set up.

·
Banned
364 Posts
I recently bought a Turret XL blind. It's similar in size to an AMeristep Penthouse but far less money. I paid under $60.00 for it. Sets up real fast, light weight to carry.

·
101 Posts
i have a 10/10 popup. i got it at basspro for around 100$. it holds up to the snow unlike my ameristep popup. don't get me wrong ameristep is a good blind but up here in michigan you leave it out over night and that wet snow hits its done for. the 10/10 i can stand straight up in and strech versus the other. its rectangular versus circular and comes up to a pointed top somewhat like a teepee. but theres lots of good ones to choose from out there.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Ah! I have the blind for you. Eastman Outfitters puts one out that's called the 360. It's very roomy too. I'm hunting turkey out of one right now. I used to use the Ameristeps due to availability, and price. Between these two, the material is much better on the Eastman blinds and they last longer. The Ameristeps get crispy and rip quicker. I believe the material is not as thick on the Ameristeps and that may be why. I live in pop ups. No tall trees in Texas.

·
Banned
402 Posts
my blind

ameristep, doghouse is light fast to put up take down move, price is cheep 100,
great in the rain and snow, my first ameristep blind was a outhouse to small for vertical bow but ok for crossbow, had deer walk by at 5 yards no problem,
i like the way they fold up into there backpack carrying case, my folding chair and decoy and cb, makes for a nice carry into and out of the deer woods,
helps hide human scent and movement, keep the blind as dark inside as possible, where black jacket and face mask, do not even need camo cloths, i use a heater on those terrible cold ohio days,, dont forget your james valley scents, will not go hunting without it.. if your on private land i hide me decoy inside when away over night..
I have 2 new blinds from coverthunting.com excited to see them arrive.

·
211 Posts
I have a yukon tracks blind that I bought for taking my son hunting but have yet to use it for hunting, although I think it would work good under the right circumstances blinds just arent the best option in my area unless alot of work is put into the setup, I've target shot out of it in the yard and its a nice blind, maybe a little big for my area, but it sets up in a matter of seconds and isnt bad to haul around, I think I paid something like $75 for it...

·
9 Posts
Cheap Blinds

I am one of those guys who always moves to a supposedly better place. Last fall the wind here (ontario) came out of the east 4 days out of 7, compramising most of my stands. I have a wooden pole with two 6"spikes on the bottom, that I can step on and drive into the ground (even frozen ground). There is a pin on top and I drill a small hole in the forearm at the balance point. This DOESN'T compromise any forearm. I set a blind over the pin, and then the xbow on top. The blind is camo suspended from old carbon arrows. I point the xbow at the imaginary deer and sit on my padded stool (and sometimes fall asleep). It folds up to nothing, and I can move everything with two hands if the wind changes. I can always find a small tree to protect the sides.
I can add another wee blind to block my head and shoulders. It works. There is NO substitute for being able to move without being seen. I can reach up with one hand and pull the trigger. Just a thought. I HATE carrying zippered bags and whatever. End of rant. xboho

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Pop up blinds

Well, I'm home again and I have to tell you, I took a turkey this weekend and it was so cool I was hunting out of the 360 blind as I watched my gobbler go down and the others standing around him. I knew he was down so I didn't move until they left. There was no need for me to jump and run and spook the other birds since I had a 360 view. I couldn't have done that out of any other pop up blind.
Another note though is I'd rather use a large closed hub style blind with screened windows for winter hunting. Keeps the wind at bay on cold days, and being roomy, makes it comfortable to sit for long hours with all the creature comforts, or another person and camera tripod. NO outhouse blinds ever again for me! They also blow down every time the wind gusts. It sucks to sneak in to your spot and then have to go hunt down your blind before the hunt. Starts the day of bad.
May as well get the best for your money you can afford since it's a hunting tool just like any other peice of equipment. It makes the experience so much better.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
I've had several cheap blinds and sold them all and went to the Double Bull blinds. I have 3 of them. A T2, a DB5 and a Matrix. I've got a ton of holes in the windows and that should tell you something. Get the lightweight rods and you can go anywhere. Here's last spring, last day from the Matrix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_KIaO01QoY

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
I've had several cheap blinds and sold them all and went to the Double Bull blinds. I have 3 of them. A T2, a DB5 and a Matrix. I've got a ton of holes in the windows and that should tell you something. Get the lightweight rods and you can go anywhere.

·
Banned
402 Posts
new ground blind company

a new ground blind company, coverthunting.com

very nice blinds , nice guy the owner.
I just love Ground Blind hunting after hunting from tree stands for 20 plus years.
With my bedded deer decoy some good doe in heat lure, hunt dry and in comfort, not scared to move around and fall asleep and fall out of tree,lol

I have missed a lot of deer over the years from the shot angle from a tree stand ,
Just retired my ameristep Blind for a covert Blind,the ameristepBlind is a good blind has been very good to me and my friends over the last 10 years

We will be using coverthunting Blinds in our upcoming Talismancrossbows hunting Videos,

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts