Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to adjust the trigger on the new Predator crossbow? It seems like the bow wants to pull to the side when shooting due to the trigger pull. Thanks.

Tim

·
1,222 Posts
This is a trick question right?

IF...this is real, you need to adjust..the way you pull on the trigger! Pull it, slowly, straight back.

Mike

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it wasn't a trick question. A gunsmith I know was amazed at how hard it was to pull the trigger on the crossbow.

·
327 Posts
The Barnett rep should weigh in shortly. IS the trigger difficult to pull back? I know they have a ton of travel compared to any other xbow trigger. I shot one at teh club last weekend and just didn't like the trigger at all. THE crossbow itself was excellent, flat shooting and falirly well balanced. Plus it looked damn sharp. The one I shot wasn't hard to pul back, just a loooooooong pull. Reminds me of my Ruger P89 trigger.

·
1,222 Posts
In the past, Barnett was VERY hesitant in returns about their triggers.
This may have changed somewhat.
Though...don't expect them to lighten it past it's advertized pull values.

You can expect it to be in the 4-1/2 to 5 pound range.
And...it will not be anything like (smooth, no creep, short takeup, etc.) what a true gun smith would expect a gun to have!

Mike

·
Registered
121 Posts
Predator Trigger Adjustment

The is no way to adjust the Predator's trigger. The trigger should be 4.5 to 5 pounds peak pull weight with a relatively long pull. A light application of machine oil will can smooth out the pull slightly.

If your pull is higher than 5 pounds I would recommend calling the Service Department directly (800-237-4507 x4982) to see if they can talk you through any unique issues that you may have.

BXB

·
1,222 Posts
For what it may be worth...I had...an original Quad 400 (few years old). The trigger pull was horrendous.

Very long story short...it went back to Barnett "just reciently"...another long story short...all is well, long pull but it has been updated to "current" Quad 400 specs. and works well.

I made a small spacer to remove much of the unnessesary trigger movement. And, as has been noted, a little oil.

This all, has added up to be a good experience with Barnett and the care of at least BXB, the guy that answers the questions here.

Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mike said:
I made a small spacer to remove much of the unnessesary trigger movement. And, as has been noted, a little oil.

Mike
I would like more information on this, I too am having trouble getting used to the VERY long pull on the predator's trigger..

·
316 Posts
Just like a the shutter on a camera. Gently squeeze with slowly increasing force until it suddenly "gives" , and your arrow is launched!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Kutter said:
Just like a the shutter on a camera. Gently squeeze with slowly increasing force until it suddenly "gives" , and your arrow is launched!
thats the thing.. I squeeze and mine gives.. half way.. then stops.. then I have to start over.. then on the 2nd squeeze it fires.

·
63 Posts
On some other forum, someone said they used a trigger assist from Calabas. "IF" all else fails, this maybe worth a try. I would check the pull and is over spec. call Barnett like rep said.

Dave

·
Registered
22 Posts
It isn't the weight of the trigger, its that it sticks. Its fully foreward, I apply pressure.. it slips all at once, stopping just before firing... then I have to start over.

·
85 Posts
Wingnut,
Barnett has great customer service. A trigger problem should not be taken lightly and needs to address by service folks at Barnett.
Great part about it, in most cases,you will only be without your bow for about a week.Service is friendly and quick. Give it a try,saves a lot of head scratching:confused: JMO

BH

·
1,222 Posts
Wingnut -

Didn't you get the PM explanation of the way I modified my Quad trigger.
It's a very simple operation that works in a very simple mannor.

Blue -

The problem is a problem, "some" manufacturers don't want to work on for their own reasons.
That leaves the "fix" up to the shooter, a paid gun smith, or left alone and the shooter has to deal with a long creapy trigger pull.

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts