Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like there was a video on pressing an R26 here or youtube but can't find it with a search does anyone have a link? Specifically regarding leaving the scope on? TIA.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Ravin recommends removing the scope because the crossbow is inserted on the Ravin press up side down.
If you were to block the press higher with a 2x4, then you can leave the scope on. I found this by doing an
internet search for "Pressing a Ravin 26 crossbow-youtube". Scroll down and select "Ravin crossbow pressing
unpressing precautions-You Tube".

All the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ravin recommends removing the scope because the crossbow is inserted on the Ravin press up side down.
If you were to block the press higher with a 2x4, then you can leave the scope on. I found this by doing an
internet search for "Pressing a Ravin 26 crossbow-youtube". Scroll down and select "Ravin crossbow pressing
unpressing precautions-You Tube".

All the best.
Take care.
That video you point out, was not an r26 but a r9. I dont think you can press an r26 with the scope on because of how short the bow is.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Thanks for the update. I have never owned a Ravin crossbow, but did that search
hoping it would be helpful.
All the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would look for the videos posted by riflnut. He does an awesome job explaining the details with timing and has great vids on pressing a Ravin.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Put your press on a coffee table in front of a sofa. Then put the Ravin in the press with the butt of the crossbow on the sofa. Now your scope is in the space between them and will not hit anything while you work on your Ravin. :)
I do my Ravin R 20 this way because it is easy.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Put your press on a coffee table in front of a sofa. Then put the Ravin in the press with the butt of the crossbow on the sofa. Now your scope is in the space between them and will not hit anything while you work on your Ravin. :)
I do my Ravin R 20 this way because it is easy.
Works for R 9 10 15 and 20 but not 26 or 29.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You must remove Scope and scope rail to press R26, R29 a d R29x.
Here’s a video I did showing what has to be removed before pressing those bows listed above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts