Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pull the rope to cock my sniper370 the left side plastic hook is stuck between the string and the on off toggle. I have to pop it out and it is warring out a spot on the string. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. Also was thinking I might just try and take that off but was not sure if I should or could.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have started by saying this is my first crossbow at 58 years old and have bad shoulders. I tried turning the hooks over but when I pull it lifts the string away from the now. I will probably have to get a crank. I just can't afford one right now. I will go and check out your suggestion, thank you.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Yes, I had the same issue when I was shooting my CP Sniper 370. It caused me a dry fire. I cocked it and the hook must've hit that little switch on the side. So before I loaded an arrow, I started messing with that little switch to see if it was okay and completely forgot about loading an arrow and took my shot......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope your bow is ok after the dry fire. And also just had to say the dang spell checker got me twice already today changing my words. Someday I will learn to proof read.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
That was a few years ago now. Centerpoint sent me a whole new front end for it but I don't shoot it anymore. I keep it in a Plano hardshell case in the basement. It's a decent bow but I just can't get around that switch on the side of the barrel...lol....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts