Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a PSE speed loader and successfully mounted and used it to cock a Barnett Jackal. It does not fit the butt perfectly, but it does work to load the crossbow. Now however, the loader is still mounted with hooks on the strings but the spool release *cannot* be pressed down to release tension so I cannot remove the hooks. I am not very strong (which is why I bought the dang crank in the first place) but I am applying an ungodly amount of force, way more than should be necessary to release the spool lever. Anybody else have this device or have this problem with a crank before?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had to unscrew back of crank with an allen wrench to force the lever to let go, which, of course, caused the crank to let go with a complete sudden release of tension, which isn't safe, but it did at least keep my bow from dry firing. Short answer: don't use this crank on a Barnett Jackal, or maybe at all. At least not unless you have the grip strength of approximately Hercules to force the spool lever to release.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had to unscrew back of crank with an allen wrench to force the lever to let go, which, of course, caused the crank to let go with a complete sudden release of tension, which isn't safe, but it did at least keep my bow from dry firing. Short answer: don't use this crank on a Barnett Jackal, or maybe at all. At least not unless you have the grip strength of approximately Hercules to force the spool lever to release.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts