Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Im looking to purchase my first crossbow. I want something lightweight, 175-200 lb draw weight area. Im planning on using broadheads. Any favorite bows? Favorite broadhead or style? Also if you can include bolt length and broadhead grain in your suggestions i would appreciate it. I want to be able to take down BIG game but have an accurate dependable shot. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
1st- Set your budget
2nd- Go to Bass Pro, etc. and check them out. Be best to shoot them if permitted.
3rd- Once you find one you like research it on the web.
4th- Once a crossbow is selected for purchase surf the web looking for the best price.
5th- Practice, Practice, etc.!!

Bill

·
Registered
458 Posts
You don't have to buy a bow that requires a 2nd mortgage to purchase. My CenterPoint shoots Muzzy broadheads and Victory Decimator arrows like a champ. It's killed a lot of deer already. Good hunting!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im looking at a Barnett lady whitetail hunter 2. Its just undet 400. Im pretty set on it and the 20" carbon centerpoint premium bolts with lighted nocks. Id like to get some form of 100g fixed broadheads too. Id like a 2" cutting diameter. Any suggestions? Anyone familiar with this bow? Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1st- Set your budget
2nd- Go to Bass Pro, etc. and check them out. Be best to shoot them if permitted.
3rd- Once you find one you like research it on the web.
4th- Once a crossbow is selected for purchase surf the web looking for the best price.
5th- Practice, Practice, etc.!!

Bill
Ive been researching nonstop!! Im definitely going to a local range to try out different options. I will be practicing nonstop after that!!
Welcome! How much are you looking to spend?
Id like to stay under 400 and purchase higher end bolts and accessories.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Be sure to check out Craigslist as well. I've seen some go at very good prices there sometimes.
Bill

Reactions: Fawn

·
Registered
464 Posts
Centerpoint 415, with Victory Decimators I like Rage Hypodermics 100gr. I would replace the scope with a better one as well as the quiver

1 - 8 of 8 Posts