Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
952 Posts
People like that just Piss me off!!:angry: I am glad you and your son walked up upon this idiot. Who knows what might have happen other wise?? Thank God there are people like us that will not tolerate people like that. Great job Spirithawk to you and your son.:D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Someone that would do that to a disabled person deserves an unmarked grave. Better yet leave them for the buzzards.

·
Registered
833 Posts
just finished reading this whole thread. What a sad day that turned out RIGHT,thanks to you and your son's intervention. The term ignorant slob is one that seems to apply in this case. Proud to make your (and you son's) acquaintance through this wonderful invention of Urban Ledgend "The Nation. Good on you both!!

'Cane

·
Registered
159 Posts
SpiritHawk, I'm a disabled veteran, excop and was a correctional officer as well as a bodyguard and not to mention a 3rd Degree Black Belt in Ju-jitsu but, I'm also a christian and what that guy said an did was a very sad turn of events. But, I thank God almighty for you and your son for doing what you did, the lord put you two at the right place, at the right time and I'm sure that the disabled hunter appreciates all that you two have done to rescue him from the terror before him, praise the lord! I'm not sure what I would've done unless I was there to assess the situation but I garrauntee that other guy would of been very sorry for his actions, lord only knows what i'm capable of and would of done to that guy!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm a convicted felon. I also have an old rotator cuff injury that makes drawing a vertical bow painful and difficult. While I can draw the bow, there is no way I would have any kind of accuracy with it. My only option is a cross bow.

To come upon a scene such as this, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm pretty sure I'd end up with strike two.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Good on you for helping the guy out.

Sad thing is that the agressor probably would never of been so vicious had he not thought he had the upper hand. He just a pathetic bully. I can respect differing opinions but I have no respect for people that act like this.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk2

·
3,321 Posts
I use to hunt with a compound bow when I was a younger chap, never had a problem with xbows, we all are one of the same. Now that I'm a senior kinda fellow a crossbow is easier for me to use. Glad they are around, cause I may not be hunting today if they weren't. But we all know some ars !!! just saying happy trails !!

·
Registered
71 Posts
It can be damned dangerous for a woman to be out in the field on public land here by herself, due to all the tweakers/drunks/poachers/crazies. Couple years back, I had a guy try and run me out of a public hunting area while I was out squirrel hunting. Apparently he had taken all kinds of offense to a dang ol' woman out in HIS field, and thought it would be a great idea to get right up in my personal space and threaten me. (I'm pretty sure he was drunk and/or high on meth.)

Things got pretty heated- I told him if he laid one finger on me, he'd need surgery to remove his elbow from his rectum, along with some other not so nice words. He backed off, as I was armed & NOT backing down, but then followed me at a distance (cussing the entire way) all the way back to the parking area, only to be met by some Sheriff's deputies (I'd called 911). Long story short, he got a free ride to involuntary public housing, courtesy of the county.

·
Banned
3,103 Posts
KScg: Good for you calling the Sheriff, idiots like that need to be taken out of the population and they are cowards as they take after disabled people and ladies, the problem is that they are all over the place. They seem to forget that Public Land ( Crown Land in Canada) is available to the public equally and we're all part of the public. Just a suggestion, you may consider getting a hunting partner Cactus

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Thanks for sharing....bet he did have an "attitude adjustment" when your son walked up!

HORNS-A-PLENTY

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ive never understood the anti-crossbow crowd, to me they(crossbows) are one of the neatest weapons around. Heck i like my crossbow more than my AR and thats saying a lot 8)

I also get a kick out of it when some vertical shooters act like crossbows are cheating or something then they bust out a compound bow with truglow sights, peep sights, 10 foot stabilizer, shoulder harness, trigger release, and range finder hahaha!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Stupid pickle. He probably is a poacher. He need a serious punishment and get scary for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Along young nieve time ago when i belonged to the united bowhunters of pa. i probably wouldn't have liked crossbows in pa. myself but have never disrespected anyone rights and this JERK NEEDED A LESSON IN HUMILATY, and sounds like thats just what he got. GOOD WORK GUYS THE WORLD IN GENERAL NEEDS MORE STAND UP PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND YOUR SON!!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I for the life of me do not understand the narrow minded fixation some vertical bow hunters have for their chosen sport, I have killed deer with every legal type of weapon you could imagine and have no bias towards any of them, there's a time and place for everything.
It's a ignorance thing I'm thinking.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks for the story....my xbow buddy and lifelong friend is disabled and can hardly walk (hit by a drunk driver several years ago, so I can somewhat relate to this story)....I am retired early from Law Enforcement, and putting up with someone like the man who was threatening the disabled man in the chair.....in most States, threatening a disabled person is a Felony....People like that piss me off....glad you and your son were "able" to handle the problem.....

Reactions: msflatlander
21 - 40 of 51 Posts