Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be of interest....

·
9,003 Posts
Another QDMA article … we can learn from. Pay attention to how much damage Deer Vehicle Collisions cause and you'll have a better understanding of one component driving Fish & Wildlife departments. The 800lb gorilla of the insurance companies. Personally I've been running two LED light bars pointed out toward the road edge to help see deer that might be suicidal.

Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hmmm....long term success of all hunters, not specific weapon hunters.

Good to read a professional statement not based on emotions!

"The QDMA is dedicated to ensuring the future of white-tailed deer, wildlife habitat and our hunting heritage. Thus, we are more interested in managing deer populations and habitat appropriately and protecting our hunting heritage than debating use of specific weapons. If the use of crossbows positively impacts a deer management program and helps recruit and retain more hunters, then we fully support it."

·
9,003 Posts
Are you going to mount a backwards facing light bar now Duke?
No … I'm betting on me seeing the deer with my extra lights; rather than on a deer with a brain the size of a golf ball seeing me with my lights pointed backwards...lol Strikes me as sort of lighting up yourself to be scary when confronting a criminal instead of shining on him to determine the threat. I'm too much of a control freak to put my safety in the hands of a deer; particularly after I've sent so many of their brethren across the Rainbow Bridge. ;) Kamikaze revenge factor? Cervid jihadi? Nope, I'm going with lights pointed forward. 😂

Besides, my lights are behind my grill and create a pretty large illuminated picture. I "think" they're 2,200 lumen each. There are 4 of them and they're very effective. Frankly I use them all the time now. Had a black women, in dark clothes step out into the street from between parked SUV's one night a few years ago and I swear I never would have seen her in time without having those lights illuminating off to the sides!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts