Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In lieu of coughing up $250 for a Ravin press, could the string or cables be changed like they do on a Scorpyd by putting a rod in a cam spoke behind the limbs?

I have 2 Phillips screwdriver with rubber gas hose on them that I use on my Scorpyd - seems like the Ravin cams would be stout enough for this as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I think getting some fingers for your press would be a better option. When pressed, youll spend more time with your own fingers in and around the cams and pulley/axles and such while replacing or adjusting cables and strings a lot more than you do with your Scorpyd. Remember, 4 little cables to thread through pulleys vs just 2 cables with limb pucks and cam posts.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point Sam, I remember looking at the string and cable routing when I had my Sub-1 XR, cables going thru one side of the cam and coming out the other plus wrapping around the cam’s axle housing. I would have to of taken a video of both cams to document what went where.

fullsizeoutput_b7f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_ab7.jpeg

·
Registered
427 Posts
In lieu of coughing up $250 for a Ravin press, could the string or cables be changed like they do on a Scorpyd by putting a rod in a cam spoke behind the limbs?

I have 2 Phillips screwdriver with rubber gas hose on them that I use on my Scorpyd - seems like the Ravin cams would be stout enough for this as well. Thanks.
That will work for string buy not the cables.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why wouldn’t blocking one cam loosen the cables like on a Scorpyd? Are they pulling at different angles on the cam?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Why wouldn’t blocking one cam loosen the cables like on a Scorpyd? Are they pulling at different angles on the cam?
What Farm Deer said. You also have to load an arrow and unlatch the string from the trigger box after blocking cams. to change the string.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Here you go Tim. Best price I have seen.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But Wyvern’s is $199 plus $12 shipping - not sure how they ship 9# for that.

I was back at Cabelas this morning and shouldered the R26 and R29 again, then I found that they both have the same 12 3/4” LOP - that’s a tad short but I could live with it. They still feel a tad heavy and I took the crank and quiver off and it was much better. Then I noticed this big honker of a bracket that holds them can be removed as well but it was on too tight. That would be even better.

They guy I’ve been emailing on the R10 said he has a guy coming at 5:30 today and the first one that shows up with the money gets the R10 - I’ve even tried that scam myself in the past. Told him I wasn’t going to step on the other guy but let me know either way how it turned out. I’ll see how it goes.

I wondered if one of Farm’s string changer would work but there isn’t a whole lot of room there, I guess it’s the Ravin press or fingers for my EZ Press.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Still a great value in comparison to other presses on the market for pressing Ravin and other bows with alike design.
Wyverns ships via USPS for that price: snail mail is much cheaper if you can wait.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They guy I’ve been emailing on the R10 said he has a guy coming at 5:30 today and the first one that shows up with the money gets the R10 - I’ve even tried that scam myself in the past. Told him I wasn’t going to step on the other guy but let me know either way how it turned out. I’ll see how it goes.
What’d I tell ya. Just got an email from the guy with the R10 (wants $1100) and the guy that was coming at 5:30 today can’t make it until Sunday (y) but I could come up before he leaves tomorrow by 2:00 since he chas to go out of town.

Told him I’d come up the hour and 20 minute drive and bring my own target to shoot at. But I told him I was at Cabelas again today - I really was - looking at the R26 and R29 again. And that I’m about 65% sure the R10 might be too long for me but I’d go $800 cash as the 1st thing I’d do is get rid of that scope. Same scope I looked thru at Cabelas this morning and it’s worse than the Vortex Crossfire II I had. I’ll see what he says about that offer.

Reactions: Tnmtns

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
What’d I tell ya. Just got an email from the guy with the R10 (wants $1100) and the guy that was coming at 5:30 today can’t make it until Sunday (y) but I could come up before he leaves tomorrow by 2:00 since he chas to go out of town.

Told him I’d come up the hour and 20 minute drive and bring my own target to shoot at. But I told him I was at Cabelas again today - I really was - looking at the R26 and R29 again. And that I’m about 65% sure the R10 might be too long for me but I’d go $800 cash as the 1st thing I’d do is get rid of that scope. Same scope I looked thru at Cabelas this morning and it’s worse than the Vortex Crossfire II I had. I’ll see what he says about that offer.
Good luck and let us know what happens!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts