Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a copy of an EZ press and I can press vertical compounds, crossbows, reserve, and measure string and cable lengths.

On my Scorpyds and Missions, I’ve been able to relax the limbs enough where I could take the crossbow out so I could change the modules on the press to measure string lengths with my 100# setup.

If I press a Ravin enough to remove the string for reserving, can I relax the press enough to remove it from the press or will I always need a backup string to put on it before I can remove it? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I don't see why you can't relax those short limbs enough. The ez press is plenty wide enough. I haven't let the R26 limbs relax yet but I do plan on it after the season is over. I'm going to store mine with relaxed limbs in the off season.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't let the R26 limbs relax yet but I do plan on it after the season is over. I'm going to store mine with relaxed limbs in the off season.
I suppose a longer slave string might work for relaxed storage - if I knew how much longer it would need to be.

That would be another opportunity for Marty

Reactions: Texas Grown

·
Registered
630 Posts
Both the EZ press and ravin press have enough stroke to relax the limbs. I have a ravin press and it works perfect.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both the EZ press and ravin press have enough stroke to relax the limbs. I have a ravin press and it works perfect.
My 3/4” ACME screw ought to work. My R10 is out for delivery today, just need to measure the axle posts to get the right size end mill.

I might back up a ways and shoot 8 yards in my garage first time with it.

IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0942.JPG

Reactions: Mathew57

·
Registered
630 Posts
I believe a 5/8" mill will do it. May just want to cut a grove rather a radii. Less chance of marring the cam holders, 2 points of contact rather the diameter. Just a thought!

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe a 5/8" mill will do it. May just want to cut a grove rather a radii. Less chance of marring the cam holders, 2 points of contact rather the diameter. Just a thought!
I think I’ll just go with half a circle. The riser side is open all the way to the limb, the tip end has a flange type extension and that edge side of the radii will need to be rounded off to rest on it. The finger blocks will not touch the limb on the riser side.

If I hang the crossbow vertical with the top facing me, I just have to make sure the bottom sides of the bar’s radii closest to me will get the rounding. We’ll see how it goes.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well bummer.

I’d gotten (4) 3/4” x 1 1/4” x 5” aluminum bars and got the 1/2” hole reamed in them and the fit my EZ Press brackets perfectly.

Issue was trying to cut a half circle on the outer edge with a 2 flute 5/8” end mill on my drill press. I could’t cut them clean enough and my wobbly drill press was chewing a groove instead of milling one.

So I got pissed and ordered a Ravin press from Wyvern's - $212 shipped. :ROFLMAO:

I have enough room left on those bars that I could have the ends trimmed 3/8” and find a way to cut a 5/8” half circle on them.

Reactions: robertyb
1 - 8 of 8 Posts