Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any red dot scopes that are magnified? I tried researching the subject but all I came up with were red dots that have a magnifier added to them. I'm very interested in a red dot but I don't want to be adding a bunch of other gadgets to it. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Vortex Strikefire II 1X
Vortex Spitfire Prism 3X

I believe there’s a couple on the Primary Arms website.

You can also us a 1x red dot with a matching height magnifier (flip up type) but you’ll need enough scope rail for it.

·
10,163 Posts
Just buy … a scope with a single illuminated center dot. Leupold VX-R Firedot, Vortex V-Brite, Zeiss Duralyt, etc. Gives you a cornucopia of options. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's some great info here. Thanks a lot guys.

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
360 Posts
Leupold Mark AR Mod-1 1.5-4x20mm. FireDot-G SPR...🤙

When a 1x red dot isn’t quite enough, our Mark AR Mod 1 1.5-4x20 gets the job the done. You get a wide enough field-of-view for tight quarter situations, while having enough magnification to reach out a little farther. The Mark AR Mod 1 is proof you don’t need to spend a fortune to outfit your rifle. We’ve maximized this scope to take your AR, MSR, or bolt-action rifle to the next level.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Are there any red dot scopes that are magnified? I tried researching the subject but all I came up with were red dots that have a magnifier added to them. I'm very interested in a red dot but I don't want to be adding a bunch of other gadgets to it. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
They make magnifiers as an add-on. Hope that helps. I use a Sig Sauer Romeo5 motion activated Red Dot. 2moa and very impressive red dot that won't break the bank.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Problem with red dots and magnifiers. They are just as heavy as scopes.👍
I don't know about magnifiers. I know my Sig Sauer Red Dot Romeo5 weighs in a 3.8oz. Can't imagine a magnifier weighing that much that it would be more then a regular speed scope or as much as some of the 3-9x32 magnified scopes. However, I really don't know.

I'm perfectly fine with a non magnified red dot on my HHA Optimizer. I"m quite accurate out past 70 yards. There are some benefits. You get no shaking or movement from a non magnified scope and you will be surprised how accurate you can be with this type of setup.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Leupold Mark AR Mod-1 1.5-4x20mm. FireDot-G SPR...🤙

When a 1x red dot isn’t quite enough, our Mark AR Mod 1 1.5-4x20 gets the job the done. You get a wide enough field-of-view for tight quarter situations, while having enough magnification to reach out a little farther. The Mark AR Mod 1 is proof you don’t need to spend a fortune to outfit your rifle. We’ve maximized this scope to take your AR, MSR, or bolt-action rifle to the next level.
That's the same scope I had on my Nemesis until recently! I switched it out for a Zeiss 2x8x42,but thinking about going back to the AR Mod. because of the weight/size
terminator 1.jpg
and I also had sent the AR off to Leupold to set parallax to 50 yrds and install the #4 reticle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts