Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the Omega III is like looking at a viewfinder on the back of a camera, and the Oracle X is more like looking thru a traditional scope (I think) with a bunch of graphics in the view.

But what is the Garmin Xero? The specs indicate a 32mm objective so is the Garmin a “see thru” scope or another camera type with a viewfinder? Thanks.

Reactions: JeffB1961

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Oracle is a traditional scope with a post with a bunch of a LED lights on the bottom half only 1 LED will be lit at a time Which is your aiming point. on top of the screen there is a small section with level ,battery indicator and range. There isn’t a bunch of graphics.

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
It seems that the Omega III is like looking at a viewfinder on the back of a camera, and the Oracle X is more like looking thru a traditional scope (I think) with a bunch of graphics in the view.

But what is the Garmin Xero? The specs indicate a 32mm objective so is the Garmin a “see thru” scope or another camera type with a viewfinder? Thanks.
Yes, the Garmin Xero is a "see thru" scope, like the Burris Oracle X, no camera at all.
A "heads-up" type display is embedded in the glass.
You can turn any of the display details on or off.

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
Yes, the Garmin Xero is a "see thru" scope, like the Burris Oracle X, no camera at all.
A "heads-up" type display is embedded in the glass.
You can turn any of the display details on or off.
Actually, I don't think it is a "heads-up" display, like in your car or a reflex sight.
Those reflect light onto glass.
I think it's a very thin OLED type film that is embedded in the glass.
OK, I honestly don't know LOL.
But it sure is clear!

·
Banned
everything isn't for everybody
602 Posts
still curious if the zoom is optical or digital . digital zoom SUCKS since it only makes the pixels larger .

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
We had this discussion before.................... Long before.

tpcollins said:
Is the view exactly like looking thru a regular scope or more like looking at a TV screen?
It is optical glass. If the unit is not powered on it is just like any other optic. When you power the unit on, varying amounts of electronic information is displayed. That depends on what you have enabled or disabled. You can disable just about everything which leaves just one single aiming point and the range. Or you can have a ton of information enabled in the display.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
We had this discussion before.................... Long before.
My memory is not as good as it used to be.

My wife ordered herself a Kate Spade purse, wallet, and tote bag online and had it addressed to me. It came and the last thing I remember was laying it on the kitchen table. I’ve gone thru every nook and cranny in the house and can’t find it anywhere.

That present is going to cost me double because I already put replacement money in her card in addition to the money I was already giving her. :(

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Garmin Xero
1,408 Posts
I have the Xero and it is the truth!!

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts

My wife ordered herself a Kate Spade purse, wallet, and tote bag online and had it addressed to me. It came and the last thing I remember was laying it on the kitchen table. I’ve gone thru every nook and cranny in the house and can’t find it anywhere.

That present is going to cost me double because I already put replacement money in her card in addition to the money I was already giving her. :(
That's OK, TP.
That is why we have Forums, so we can help each other, even when we forget things.
So much going on in our lives for most of us, it's difficult to remember everything!
New products coming out all the time, too.
Merry Christmas to you and yours, hope you find the Wife's gifts!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

The day after her new purse shows up.....the lost one will show up also...lol (y);)

·
Registered
16,151 Posts
I have a feeling that she knows where it is and probably thinks Tim knows also. Confession is good for the soul. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts