Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. Appreciate the support. I just bought an R26 that came with (6) 400 grain bolts and I am going to be using an ATN X-Sight 4K Pro scope with it. Combination of deer, varmit and target shooting so it should be fun. To setup the scope, I need to input the total weight of the bolt and I am unclear as to whether I should specify 500 or 400 grains? Not sure if the 400 gr Ravin quotes includes/assumes a 100 gr broadhead or whether the 400 gr is just the bolt itself. I am using 100 gr. SEVR broadheads with the .003 Ravin 400 gr bolts. I will have to order a scale for future use but for now, any help the group could provide would be appreciated! Bonus points for anyone else that has a similar setup and could share the ballistics info they entered in for their ATN X-Sight scope! Thanks again!

Tommy

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
arrow weight is assumed to be the total arrow with shaft , head and vanes etc.

as it would be shot from the bow.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Tommy1170: Welcome to the forum.

You mention having the Sevr 100 grain broad heads. Are these the 1.5 and if so when ever you get a chance to shoot one in the hunting mode (not the practice mode with the additional screw) I would like feed back on whether you are able to reset that broadhead in the closed position with the enclosed plastic tool.

Thanks.
All the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tommy1170: Welcome to the forum.

You mention having the Sevr 100 grain broad heads. Are these the 1.5 and if so when ever you get a chance to shoot one in the hunting mode (not the practice mode with the additional screw) I would like feed back on whether you are able to reset that broadhead in the closed position with the enclosed plastic tool.

Thanks.
All the best.
I am using the SEVR 1.7 All-Purpose broadheads, and they can be refolded in 1 second with the tool. Its super quick and easy. These to me are perfect, they have plenty of blade width but the angle is swept back a bit (not as much as the 1.5") but the thing that sold me is that it has an aluminum ferrule and stainless tip that looks/operates very similar to the Shwacker design. For me, I put accuracy above all else. There are lots of really crazy broadheads out these days, and I have tried most of them. The Shwacker 2" broadheads fly super-straight, essentially like field points, but the one (and only) drawback to the Shwackers from my perspective is the design results in a small entrance hole, with a larger hole on the other side assuming a full pass-through. While they are lethal for sure, I find the blood trail is not always as pronounced as I would prefer, which makes less than perfect hits a bit more difficult to track. I was looking for a super-low profile head like the Shwacker, but one that would put a big hole in both sides. The SEVR 1.7" All-Purpose Broadhead does just that. It is LITERALLY as accurate as a field point! The profile of the broadhead is the smallest I have ever seen. The ability to fire it in practice mode takes out all of the guesswork and increases confidence. I can shoot less than 2" groups with the broadheads at 80 yards. They are crazy accurate. I have found the Ravin R26 with these broadheads to be surgically precise. So I am very happy with them. They work GREAT!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.