Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about it ,Bowtech ,Is it OK to place Alpha Shox or Bowjack vibration/sound deadners on the limbs of the Desert Stryker?
And if so ,what location on the limbs?
Thanks

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I called them last week and sent an e-mail, still no response.
That is not good:mad:
Thought I would give it a shot.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
LOL on BT !!! In one word their customer service - SUCKS ! Back when my limbs on the DS cracked and I sent it back I found out the hard way. Tried to call for a what's up report? I was treated like I was a bother, rude verbal replies on the phone and misinformation. Basically it was "we'll call you, don't call us" deal. Had the dealer I bought from not supplied me another he had in stock and took the waiting game upon himself it would have been a month or more for my xbow to come back. This was during the time they started the trigger swap deal - another BT screw up - and they were holding all xbows until they could do the trigger fix to it. That meant none went out either new or warranty. It took over a month for mine to come back. It was sent back around the first week Nov. or the middle of deer season to be more exact. Guess they haven't learned. We thought maybe it was the Savage Arms takeover in progress that might have affected things but we're past that now. I guess that's just what you get when you buy from BT. I'm sorry to hear they are still like that.

Another reason I'm looking for something not made by BT for a second xbow. Never put all your eggs in one basket.

·
1,223 Posts
That's strange...back when I bought my Stryker, it had bad cosmetic problems and was missing the spair string.
I called them a few times over the next coupla weeks.
They were either there to talk or they called me back the same day if busy.
Everything was handled well.

Mike

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Mike said:
That's strange...back when I bought my Stryker, it had bad cosmetic problems and was missing the spair string.
I called them a few times over the next coupla weeks.
They were either there to talk or they called me back the same day if busy.
Everything was handled well.

Mike
You were lucky. I could not get a reply half the time. When I did they did not know a thing. Took a while for them to fess up it was a defective trigger upgrade that was holding the process up. I like the DS a lot but I wish it was made by someone else if you know what I mean.

·
190 Posts
Well, I love my DS..but bought a 2nd one as back up just in case DS#1 would break in hunting season. Now since Savage has bought out Bowtech...call Savage and tell them about your dealings with BT. Savage is one of the most customer responsive gun companies out there so I think if we contact Savage...we can impact BT more than grumbling about their lack of CS. Just my 2 cents.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
I'm not out of the woods yet on mine. The replacement one has to go back for the trigger fix so maybe if they drag their feet - again - I'll get to contact them. They have a chance to redeem themselves.

·
11,568 Posts
As to responding to forum questions

I've been informed that Bowtech's policy does not allow its empoyees to participate in forum threads. I'll have to say that with some of the subjects going on here it might be a sensible, but not popular, policy.

I will have an answer for Specialized as to Alpha Shox / Bowjax on Desert Stykers shortly.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Moonkryket said:
I've been informed that Bowtech's policy does not allow its empoyees to participate in forum threads. I'll have to say that with some of the subjects going on here it might be a sensible, but not popular, policy.

I will have an answer for Specialized as to Alpha Shox / Bowjax on Desert Stykers shortly.
Well did they miss the guy that claims to be a BT rep over on huntingnet in the Northeast forum? Bashing xbows like crazy as he's a PA resident and knows for a fact they won't fit in there if made legal. Completely new theory none of us have ever heard. :confused:

I'm sorry that this somehow offends all you pro crossbow guys who are currently selling them and using them elsewhere. They will not fit here in PA. If you don't live here you don't understand.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2879313&mpage=4

·
11,568 Posts
I purposely stayed away from the PA rep's rants.

There are dealers out there to deal with that. I also did not get into email and phone responses. I've told the folks at Bowtech they need to improve their customer response situation and they listened. They are growing at a very fast rate and, from experience over the years, I've seen customer service as one of the first areas to suffer in these situations. I'm a customer service nut :) Without exceptional customer service, I don't care how good your products are, eventually it will harm sales. Going forward, I will try to get questions on Stryker and Desert Stryker crossbows answered in a timely manner. If I can't get an answer, I'll be honest and tell you just that.

·
11,568 Posts
Bowtech's response to

Specialized's question on Alpha Shox being used on the DS.

Anytime you add mass to a limb, it will add stress at some point during the shot cycle, approximately when the string is drawn taught as the arrow leaves the string. This is the point where the strings and cables have to stop the moving mass of the limb. The more mass, the more stress, particularly at the axles. Also, anytime we’ve added anything to the limbs, the noise level (peak dB) went up, as did the perceived noise.

I agree that the reduction in noise levels by adding Alpha Shox or BowJaxs is minimal, if any. I cut 2 ribs off each Alpha Shox and placed them touching the front of the bearing housing at mid limb in an effort to minimize the the additional mass' stress on the limbs. I do know that even placed there, I lost 3 fps :-( Is it worth while adding this stuff to the DS's limbs? Probably not.

Attachments

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My questions on the Alpha shox.

Thats pretty much my thoughts on the Alpha shox and bowjax.
I tried the Alpha shox on my D/S several shots and could barely tell the difference.I even set up my camcorder to record the shot sounds ,just as loud but slightly different sound.
I find the D/S is a relatively quiet xbow compared to others I have shot.
Thanks much for the information.

Just a note.
I did notice a small reduction in noise if I shot a heavy arrow.

·
11,568 Posts
I agree

The Desert Stryker is a "different" sounding crossbow and substantially quieter than any other crossbow in its performance range that I've shot (according to my ears:)

·
11,568 Posts
:)

It's true:D.................to a degree and I do have hearing loss in my left ear from a near disastrous shotgun blast when I was 14 years old. My wife says I have selective hearing loss. I'm still a kid at heart that never grew up. I went to the dentist the other day for a checkup. He asked how I was doing and, as you know, you don't ask older people that question :) I got ito the arthritis thing and he said "just wait until you get my age." Turns out that he is 60:D His face turned red when he took a quick look at my chart and saw that I'll be 66 in November:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts