Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your crank pull a Scorpyd sled or just regular hooks? Thanks.

·
8,844 Posts
Sled ...

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
SLED

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That’s funny - and the first thing you’ve probably gotten right in a long time.

I dug out my old Sidewinder that I modified to fit the DS with the special wood butt pad I had made and the roller I made to keep the cables level - I had used it before with the sled, but wanted to see if I could keep the crank on without fastening it to the wooded butt pad.

I left the hooks on it (used a sled previously) and thought I’d see how they would work. About halfway back the hooks slipped off the sides of the rail and slapped together on top of the rail. I about crapped my pants thinking I broke something!

Guess I’ll stay with the rope.

DSCN1354.JPG
DSCN1355.JPG

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
I do too Marty. Bad shoulders and all!
I was at my Dr's again today and she told me my back is getting bad and that my stress test showed irregularities and to avoid strenuous activity. I'm not letting that stop me from doing what I enjoy doing just yet. I still have my health and some of my youth. I'm not ready to go down that road just yet so, I just agreed with her and said, oh, yes of course.... I know she is just being precautionary on her recommendations because I feel fine.... I will continue to rope cock my bows ! It's not that difficult for me at all. It still give me that pump of adrenaline.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was at my Dr's again today and she told me my back is getting bad and that my stress test showed irregularities and to avoid strenuous activity.
My stress test showed I have A-Fib a few years ago. More meds and a less strenuous life style.

Carrying my lightweight Deathstalker is manageable.

I bought an E-Bike recently to get me to my stands this year, not ready to pack it in just quite yet.

·
8,844 Posts
I was at my Dr's again today and she told me my back is getting bad and that my stress test showed irregularities and to avoid strenuous activity. I'm not letting that stop me from doing what I enjoy doing just yet. I still have my health and some of my youth. I'm not ready to go down that road just yet so, I just agreed with her and said, oh, yes of course.... I know she is just being precautionary on her recommendations because I feel fine.... I will continue to rope cock my bows ! It's not that difficult for me at all. It still give me that pump of adrenaline.
Do yourself … a favor and listen to what the doctor told you. I've heard this song from a legion of stickbow guys who wouldn't listen to doctors who told them to put down their stickbows because their shoulders were being critically damaged. Shoulders that were reaching the tipping point. "Not me!" "I can still draw my custom Black River 57lb-er!" Two years later they're going under the knife. Come out and STILL claim they'll shoot traditional. Buy a 43lb bow and wreck the shoulder yet again. Years of pain, therapy and lost time for being thickheaded. Some may say "stupid."...lol Your back WILL go sooner or later if you don't heed the warning. Why wreck it if you don't have to? Just to be macho man? Doesn't make sense to me.

Get yourself a crank and use it. Save yourself a lifetime of back pain and diminished ability to bend & twist properly. 😘

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Do yourself … a favor and listen to what the doctor told you. I've heard this song from a legion of stickbow guys who wouldn't listen to doctors who told them to put down their stickbows because their shoulders were being critically damaged. Shoulders that were reaching the tipping point. "Not me!" "I can still draw my custom Black River 57lb-er!" Two years later they're going under the knife. Come out and STILL claim they'll shoot traditional. Buy a 43lb bow and wreck the shoulder yet again. Years of pain, therapy and lost time for being thickheaded. Some may say "stupid."...lol Your back WILL go sooner or later if you don't heed the warning. Why wreck it if you don't have to? Just to be macho man? Doesn't make sense to me.

Get yourself a crank and use it. Save yourself a lifetime of back pain and diminished ability to bend & twist properly. 😘
Your right.. I'm am being careful not to lift nothing heavy. Cocking my bows is more in my shoulders anyhow and my shoulders are okay. I injured my lower back a few years ago when I slipped and fell on a big patch of ice. It was the way I hit the ground that dislocated my L-1 . The first vertebra in my spine. I seen the ex-ray and its tilted forewards. The doc wanted to operate right then and there but felt it might cause me even more pain after the operation so we both decided to let it ride until I can't bare it anymore. I'm careful how I stand when I cock my bows and make sure my knees are bent and stay well focused when I pull.

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
My stress test showed I have A-Fib a few years ago. More meds and a less strenuous life style.

Carrying my lightweight Deathstalker is manageable.

I bought an E-Bike recently to get me to my stands this year, not ready to pack it in just quite yet.
I might be needing one of those e-bikes soon. Lol....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts