Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would assume the process for making a 2 color string with 32 strands for example, would be something like tying off a strand to start with, make 8 loops for the first 16 strands and then tie it off. And then make the same 8 loops for the second color - and then twist the string the required amount.

For a single colored string one would just make 16 loops around the pegs for a 32 strand string. But a 2 colored string will have 4 tie offs versus only 2 on a single colored string.

Would there be more potential for “creep” in a 4 tie off two colored string versus a 2 tie off string in a single colored string? Seems like there could some differences in controlling the tie off tensions with two sets of loops. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
If you have a 4 post set up that doesn't flex you just put all the loops on at equal tension. It doesn't matter how many tie offs as long as they are equal.
If you have a 4 post that flexes, that's a whole diferent story because by the time you get to the top loops, the bottom loops start to slacken.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I won't even make strings/cables for that bow.. I don't want any parts of that... I took a look at a set and there's just to much that can go wrong with that cable design.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have a 4 post set up that doesn't flex you just put all the loops on at equal tension. It doesn't matter how many tie offs as long as they are equal.
Whether you have 2 or 4 ties offs, how do you ensure they are equal?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Tim when i do my tie offs or tag ends , i use a 2 post jig and i wrap my end loops with the tag ends .
one color will be on one end the other color on the other end .
after i tie my end loops , i actually leave them open , when i say that i don't close the strands together to make a loop.

I Then stretch the string at 150 lbs this makes all the strands the same , then i twist it up

Reactions: tpcollins

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
It took practice, alot of practice but I developed a technique that would take awhile to explain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts