Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When hunting I carry a pack and put my crossbow quiver in it when headed to and from the stand. Fletched ends of the bolts stick out the top of pack. Having lost lighted nocks, I am posting to see what you all do to protect fletching and nocks - no matter how you carry them. I would appreciate any advice.

I really wanted to snag that arroloc quiver on the Marketplace but do not have enough posts to message or post in the Marketplace (which I understand).

·
Registered
17,611 Posts
When hunting I carry a pack and put my crossbow quiver in it when headed to and from the stand. Fletched ends of the bolts stick out the top of pack. Having lost lighted nocks, I am posting to see what you all do to protect fletching and nocks - no matter how you carry them. I would appreciate any advice.

I really wanted to snag that arroloc quiver on the Marketplace but do not have enough posts to message or post in the Marketplace (which I understand).
He sold it a few days ago.

·
Registered
407 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Let's get that post count up so you can shop the Marketplace.
What kind of bow are you shooting?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I’m using a tube just like Huntersthompson. I put some foam in the bottom, top and around the inner diameter of the tube to keep the arrows from rattling around.
I never did care for a quiver mounted on my bow and carrying the quiver in or attached to my pack did not offer sufficient protection to the arrows. The tube was a great solution.

·
4,550 Posts
This has become my favourite way to carry my arrows rangefinder and what I need to hunt pre killing a deer. Stuff I use after the kill is keep in my bow case. I always walk back to get my truck or Ranger after I shoot one.
Bicycle tire Bicycle fork Wood Bicycle handlebar Gas

At first I wasn’t nuts about this quiver. But used this way it has become my favourite.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all!

Hunter, Saved - great ideas for sure and yes, more protection in a pack.

Thank you Dirt! After 22-ish years off and recently sending my youngest to college I am back in the trees with a WR Invader 400 and SEVRs, for now! I am really digging crossbows.

RT - looks like a great setup.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When vertical bow hunting, I never used attached quiver. I found a old style which worked great on a belt or fannypack. Lost more than one arrow over the years, but the fit for my style out wieghed downfalls. Still working out the kinks for crossbow, saw this tube and seems agreat idea. I will put one together with some scrap pvc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Where could I find one of these tubes for arrows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look on amazon for arrow tube or document tube or map tube and you will find many options. Be sure to pay special attention to the length of the tube.

·
Registered
Excalibur Micro 355 Suppressor
353 Posts
Easton makes a tube that will adjust from (I think), 24-40 inches. It holds a dozen arrows.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts