Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot it probably 9x maybe 12x still getting the feel for it completely different everything can’t shoot anything but the ravin bolts rated for the R-500 custom bolts the nocks aren’t holding up the cocking device is way better about the same for cocking but uncocking is way easier I’m trying to get a level on my scope now didn’t have time tonight to shoot it but wasn’t to bad last night as far as accuracy I’m not a fan of the 400 grain bolts but that’s all you get now already lost a insert so now I’m down to 5 bolts
Flower Plant Window Outdoor furniture Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Sweet looking bow right there very interested on how they work out.. Congrats on your new R500

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stop it please. LOL!!
It’s totally different than before Bolkholder sighted it in and I’m 2 1/2 hours away in Michigan but was able to to shoot when I got home no bullshit 2nd shot x at 60 with no level and I know I’m not level I can’t get any of my scope levels won’t fit ordered a thinner vortex witch I like of course $50 I’ve literally never shot there bolts period!!!! And I have no choice now shooting rage trypan probably going to waste one of them at least 70 yards I’m not shoot any farther but I think dialed in you could but don’t want to start that here I’m excited I’ll keep you guys posted

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
It’s totally different than before Bolkholder sighted it in and I’m 2 1/2 hours away in Michigan but was able to to shoot when I got home no bullshit 2nd shot x at 60 with no level and I know I’m not level I can’t get any of my scope levels won’t fit ordered a thinner vortex witch I like of course $50 I’ve literally never shot there bolts period!!!! And I have no choice now shooting rage trypan probably going to waste one of them at least 70 yards I’m not shoot any farther but I think dialed in you could but don’t want to start that here I’m excited I’ll keep you guys posted
Can't wait. I wouldn't shoot targets under 60 yrds with it. I'd sight in and shoot 60 and farther all day long or the target is going to be ate up fast.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

You will not likely get a level to fit the Ravin scope due to the scope rings being so wide and a short scope barrel.
Go to a level bubble that can be siliconed below the scope or one that mounts to the picatinny rail.

On Ravin's web site they list the arrow as being 500 grain if one uses a 100 grain point. Points are not included.
Unlighted come 6 per package while lighted are 3 per package. Both packages cost the same at $119.99.

Does that scope have a zoom where one does not have to change the speed setting (power setting) like the other
Ravin scope?

Wishing you all the best with the new crossbow.
Take care.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
View attachment 208855
Can't wait. I wouldn't shoot targets under 60 yrds with it. I'd sight in and shoot 60 and farther all day long or the target is going to be ate up fast.
i shot at 30 at a spider web target I have a 18” and the bigger small one and it’s not shot up to bad barried it to the fletch and lost the insert and field point bummer now only 5 left so

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for sharing.

You will not likely get a level to fit the Ravin scope due to the scope rings being so wide and a short scope barrel.
Go to a level bubble that can be siliconed below the scope or one that mounts to the picatinny rail.

On Ravin's web site they list the arrow as being 500 grain if one uses a 100 grain point. Points are not included.
Unlighted come 6 per package while lighted are 3 per package. Both packages cost the same at $119.99.

Does that scope have a zoom where one does not have to change the speed setting (power setting) like the other
Ravin scope?

Take care.
Not available yet not even any extra 400 grain they must be spinded stiffer they say 500series only

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would Just send and email to Ravin I bet they send you some arrows. I’ve had great luck with their CS personally.
Email them this morning and nothing but I get it there busy I asked about the 500 grain bolts also happy to have what I have

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Email them this morning and nothing but I get it there busy I asked about the 500 grain bolts also happy to have what I have
That’s what I’m hoping I really want a heavier bolt witch I have but I was told the nocks don’t hold I think it won’t take long and they’ll figure it out

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for sharing.

Ravin scope?

Take care.
Speed dial like before but it goes to 550 and you zero at 30 yards

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not to bad was shooting till 7 I’m a big hawke fan and leupold of course was going to use my old jackplate and use my leupold but with the 400 grain bolt no tape fast enough I can build one but hoping they get the nock situation figured out

1 - 20 of 44 Posts