Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 3250 Posts

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the crossbow that I kept going back to at the ATA show. It's amazingly small, lightweight and shoots a 400 grain arrow a legitimate 400 fps. Holding the bow and shouldering it put a smile on my face;-) I can imagine a Zeiss Z-Point sitting on that rail. The 26's fore end, although looking a bit strange at first, is an awesome design for us offhand shooters. I kept going back to hold it:). Their new Jackplate may be a nice addition too.

Now we can sit back and wait (at least try;-) for owner feedback and durability. They have gone crazy with pricing though.
R26.PNG

·
Registered
328 Posts
Moon, I held one the other day at cabela's and it felt surprisingly good. I really thought it was going to feel really cramped being 6' tall, but it did not. Still really have a hard time with the whole Ravin thing and supporting them. Ordered the new Nemesis so never even shot it.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
This is the crossbow that I kept going back to at the ATA show. It's amazingly small, lightweight and shoots a 400 grain arrow a legitimate 400 fps. Holding the bow and shouldering it put a smile on my face;-) I can imagine a Zeiss Z-Point sitting on that rail. The 26's fore end, although looking a bit strange at first, is an awesome design for us offhand shooters. I kept going back to hold it:). Their new Jackplate may be a nice addition too.

Now we can sit back and wait (at least try;-) for owner feedback and durability. They have gone crazy with pricing though.
View attachment 140456
Where can you find the NEW jackplate? I looked on their site and not there.

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totally understand about their marketing “thing”. My intentions for this thread is to discuss the unique R26’s features while hoping they do the right thing by changing their marketing flop.

TN, Dave at Wyver Creations can give you the scoop on Jackplate availability. I’m assuming it will be available with the R26 and R29.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I totally understand about their marketing “thing”. My intentions for this thread is discuss the unique R26’s features while hoping they do the right thing by changing their marketing flop.

TN, Dave at Wyver Creations can give you the scoop on Jackplate availability. I’m assuming it will be available with the R26 and R29.
Thanks Moon,I just checked his and Ravins site as soon as I read what you said in first post. Neither has them listed yet. I'm leaning more towards Ravins jackplate over the HHA to mount on my new Nemesis when it gets here.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I was about to order a Ravin jackplate but since something new is coming,I will hold off. How does it differ from last years model?

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We shall see;-) The thing I like about it is that it’s not off to the side of the barrel, but out of the way behind the scope rail. The HHA is a quality reliable unit though.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
We shall see;-) The thing I like about it is that it’s not off to the side of the barrel, but out of the way behind the scope rail. The HHA is a quality reliable unit though.
That's why I'm choosing it over the HHA. Mainly so the crank won't hit the dial and like that's it's totally out of the way.....

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One more thing that appeals to me on the R26 is the scope rail being attached at both ends, unlike some of the diving board appearing ones on other crossbows........so much to like;-)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
One more thing that appeals to me on the R26 is the scope rail being attached at both ends, unlike some of the diving board appearing ones on other crossbows........so much to like;-)
Go ahead and hit that "BUY NOW" button Moon!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Did you get to shoot it Moon,or just hold it? I saw the video of the woman shooting it at the show and the look on her face after she shot made me wonder about it. She said she owned an R10 but her first comment was how fast it was. It looked like the bow about jumped out of her hand when she shot. I'm no expert at all,but it looked like that bow hit pretty hard. Been waiting on Bass Pro to get one in so I can shoot it,but they have no idea when they are coming yet. I'd actually like to shoot both new ones!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Tnmtns, I didn't know that ravin has a new jack plate coming out. Dave at Wyverns told me that the jack plate will not work with Scorpyd because there rail is a little smaller than most. I got a great deal on one from optics planet so I grabbed it. It worked fine on my GR so planning on putting it on the Nemesis when it gets here. May have to make my own tapes though because of the speed. I do like it better than the HHA so far.

The rail on the R26 being attached at both ends is really nice. I would feel a lot better about handling the bow by the scope. Something I try not to do anyway, lol.

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used to catch myself doing that but that doesn’t work with little reflex sights:p

There is a lot of stress for sure to produce 400 FPS with a 400 grain arrow and that very short power stroke of the R26. I’m going into this carefully with both eyes open:) but, wow, that little crossbow feels good. No, I did not shoot it at the show but I will before plopping the money down.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used to catch myself doing that but that doesn’t work with little reflex sights:p

There is a lot of stress for sure to produce 400 FPS with a 400 grain arrow and that very short power stroke of the R26. I’m going into this carefully with both eyes open:) but, wow, that little crossbow feels good. No, I did not shoot it at the show but I will before plopping the money down.
Love it too, but appalled by the price.
Its a smaller r10, shouldn't be over 1,500

Ravin is being greedy

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
4,840 Posts
I think there isn’t a new Jack Plate. I think it has been called “new” because it is pretty new. Optimizer is tried and proven. The offset option helped me: I have it on both of mine. Chris’s (Hamm) said nothing is in the works but maybe something in 2020.
I’ve used a Jack Plate and was very impressed. I don’t think the Nemesis 480with 425-430g arrows will present a problem with the Jack Plate.

·
4,840 Posts
R26. I think a person is paying for the innovation, possible failure costs, maybe insurance, and maybe just what the market will bear. A marketing rule of thumb is, “A fair price is what a knowledgeable purchaser will be willing to pay”. Obviously, Ravin has found a lot of purchasers who are willing to pay. Knowledgeable, that’s not for me to decide or judge.

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
The specs on the R26 on Sportsmans Guide shows it including the jackplate. And a club member gets a 10% discount and free shipping also.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
The specs on the R26 on Sportsmans Guide shows it including the jackplate. And a club member gets a 10% discount and free shipping also.
That is a typo. Jackplate is not included. I believe earl said that when he purchased his r26 from them....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wrote Ravin a couple of days ago to ask if their current jackplate would work on the R26:

Hello Rich,

Thank you for choosing Ravin! The jack plate will absolutely work on your new R26. Be sure to shoot your crossbow roughly twenty times prior to settling on a speed tape once you pick up the jack plate. If you have any other questions shoot me an email or give me a call at the number below.

Thank you,

Roy Munroe
Customer Service/Tech Support
3535 Tower Ave.
Superior, WI 54880
Office: 715-718-3574
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 3250 Posts