Crossbow Nation banner

2921 - 2940 of 3075 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Yeah and I think the Viper is a great crossbow. When I sold it I had every intention of waiting until next year. The place I buy corn has an R10 and I made the mistake of constantly picking it up LOL I don't know when I will actually get it. Wyvern is out of stock but they are supposed to be coming in next week. I'm hoping I get it before next weekend but may not

·
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,923
Pin, I was just looking through my crossbow photos this morning and ran into this one, dated about 7 years ago I guess. I cant believe I was that wound up with those things:giggle:. Gradually sold virtually all of them and ended up with my Ravin R26, Excal Micro and my early production Stryker 350. I can truthfully say I was having lots of fun during that time.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Pin, i dont think you will be disappointed with the R10 as a hunting bow. Honestly i cant see how anyone could be disappointed with the R10. Yea the Ravins are a little rough on strings and cables but so are all these other ultra narrow bows. Im on my first set of aftermarket strings (AS) so cant say as to how long they will last. As far as the rest of the bow, with the exception of their assinine marketing scheems, i dont know how anyone could be less than thrilled with the bow. Its light, quiet, handles great and its fast. Not ridiculous fast but more than fast enough for me. And it actually shoots the speed that Ravin says it will, or faster!! Still annoyed with TP over that one. Also, its extremely accurate. I know guys raved about the accuracy but i was still sceptical. I wouldv thought, and went into the purchase thinking i would give up a little accuracy (compared to my deathstalker) going to such a narrow bow but it is just as accurate if not more accurate than any bow ive ever had. I honestly would like to trade my deathstalker GR for a Ravin R26... or sell both the DS and the Shadow and get an R29. lol
Anyway, good luck with your new r10 and i hope you like it as much as i like mine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
More and more folks are coming to the realization that Ravin has shocked the crossbow world with having all of its extremely well thought out technology all wrapped up into one crossbow. IMO like Moon has mentioned the other manufactures are going to have a difficult time topping Ravin. They’re simply put an AMAZING piece of technology with they're accuracy being second to none.

·
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,926
Sonny, yep, now that great string’s and cables are available, Ravin is on a roll (y)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was wanting a new viper but can't keep nocks in one peice the cocking and de cocking I am a little aprehensive about. I have been following moon and his r26. That's what I really would like to have but having a hard time letting go of the money. At this point I am just about a ravin convert but nothing to handle or touch for miles and miles. Last time I called bass pro and asked if they had the bow I was looking for they said they had it and I made the 200 mile trip for nothing they will be in the store in a couple weeks they were ordered. as close as the first of the year is I may be better off waiting.

·
8,922 Posts
This is … like attending an Obama pep rally at San Francisco University.🤮

Reactions: SEW and Oncebitten

·
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,929
Duke, stop hating. Shoot what you want and be happy. Nobody is chasing your beloved brand around and puking about it......even though I have to fight the urge when looking at one:censored::giggle:

·
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,930
Getting close to bow season! With all that’s going on around us these days, I’ll admit, it’s more difficult now for me to focus on preparation for October. I guess it also has to do with my age but I’m not giving up. No, I don’t even come close to hunting as hard as I did even a few years ago. Don’t have the drive that I used to. After retiring in January 2004, I would stay down at the farm for a week at a time and hunted my butt off. I had 30 15 foot ladder stands up 👍🏻. Great memories 😊. I’ve got my TactaCam set up and ready. If I get to the point that I just don’t feel up to the effort required to crossbow hunt, I’ll still be sitting out in the woods with my camera. I do want to pop a nice buck with my little Ravin R26 before I run out of steam.

·
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,931
Went down to the farm today just to sit in the yard under the ole oak tree😊. Took the R26. Wind was blowing pretty good. Shot one practice shot at 60 yards, not making sure the bow was level and while a fairly strong crosswind was blowing from the left, plus I was running my mouth🙄. Arrow hit perfect vertically but about 4 inches to the right. I knew I could do better than that. Second shot was with me concentrating on the shot. Level was dead center and I waited to catch the wind as it died down. 60 yards.....dead center👍🏻. This little crossbow shoots!!!
Two shots and I put it back in the truck😊.
I watch my friends when they come down to shoot. All the tripods and tables for resting their crossbows🙄. I would not haul all that stuff out in the woods for hunting. No way.

·
8,922 Posts
"It's the Indian, not the arrow." 😁

Reactions: SEW and robertyb

·
8,922 Posts
I always use a Field Pod to sight my bows. I get the bows sighted in perfectly so I have the confidence to make all the shots during deer season
Personally... I think it's better to take as much of the shooter out of the zeroing process as possible. Get the weapon platform as precise as possible before introducing shooter variables. I try to get as stable a platform as I can. I do understand your philosophy though.

Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I always use a rest of some kind hunting with bow/rifle. I have nothing to prove by free handing a shot and chance wounding a deer.

·
8,922 Posts
I always use a rest of some kind hunting with bow/rifle. I have nothing to prove by free handing a shot and chance wounding a deer.
Amen brother!

·
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,937 (Edited)
Sorry, guys. I’m not limiting where I can shoot with limitations resulting from shooting off a tripod, railing or other non- moveable rest while hunting.

I also sight my crossbows in exactly the way I insist my hunting shots will be taken.......off my knee or elbow on my side. That’s a lot more valuable to me than the non practical difference In accuracy of shooting my crossbow being held by a tripod, table, etc.

I bow hunted for 40 years with vertical bows, none of which were resting on anything but my hands. Killed the you know what out of deer that way. Don’t need anything holding my crossbow for hunting shots but me either (y)

My bowhunting and crossbow hunting philosophy will never change. As Cassius Clay once said, “FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY AND STING LIKE A BEE” .........works for my hunting with an arrow. Just my little crossbow and hunting bag is all I need.

2921 - 2940 of 3075 Posts