Crossbow Nation banner

2941 - 2960 of 3075 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Well after much thought and holding both bows I ended up changing my order to the R26. The stock on the R26 feels super short and at first it's just strange for me but the more I held it the better it felt and I couldn't get past the difference in size of that and the R10. Wyvern should get them in the next day or two so I should have it first or mid next week.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Thanks Moon! I'll have to try those when I wear out the factory ones. I hear they have upgraded the factory cables but we'll see. So far I've set to see the quality in factory cables that I get in customs. I've been running Threadz in my Sub 1 this year and you don't have to time anything. After about 10 shots they don't move.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
And I will say this throughout the industry....not just one or two companies...at the price of bows today we should get good strings and cables on the bows. $2000-$3000 bows being sent out with $25 cables on them. No excuse for that. Customs usually run $75-$100. I don't think thats too much to ask when people spend 2k+ on a crossbow. Just my 2 cents worth lol

·
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,945
That never ending chase for increased speed ($$$$$) has had some blowbacks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You’ll love the ability to do things with that little (Rocket) as Moon refers to his like you cannot do with any others. Maneuvering that little dude is awesome!!!!

·
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,949
I’ve had a few, what I consider, great hunting crossbows since 2003. A few of them don’t exist anymore. The Swiss Crossbow was one of them. A truly innovative crossbow that I loved shooting and hunting with. Limb problems killed it. What a shame☹.
The Bowtech Stryker 350 was a beautifully designed hunting crossbow. I’ll never part with mine. Yep, quite a few great crossbows but, for one reason or other, some slipped by the wayside.
I think it’s safe to say that Ravin leads the way in current crossbow innovation. As an example, the R26 and R29 feature this little tiny arrow rest that replaces the typical full arrow length and heavy Crossbow barrel. I bought this one 16 months ago when I got my R26. It’s still in the package because the original one that came on the 26 still functions flawlessly. In addition to that, this little rest offers unbelievably consistent accuracy.
I don’t see Ravin crossbows’ designs slipping by the wayside as some other crossbows have. I predict more and more crossbows will be copying Ravin. Some of it is already happening:giggle:

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
The accuracy was my biggest concern when ordering it because I've never had a bow that small. From everything you and Ramrod have said it's a good shooting bow. I hope I can shoot mine as good. I'm sure it will take some trigger time for me to adjust.

·
Registered
10,517 Posts
You are going to be surprised by just how good the trigger is Todd. You will be shooting just fine as soon as you get your new bow zeroed in I am sure.

·
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,953
(y) I’m trying to talk myself out of getting a 29 to play with. This close to the upcoming 2021 ATA Show, I hope I can hold up. No matter, my little R26 is ready to hunt.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
(y) I’m trying to talk myself out of getting a 29 to play with. This close to the upcoming 2021 ATA Show, I hope I can hold up. No matter, my little R26 is ready to hunt.
I held....not shot a 29 this week. I liked it but I thought the 26 was better balanced. Both are good bows and I did flirt with the 29 as well but decided it wasn't worth it for me to spend the extra money. In your situation I would probably get one :) I think you will end up liking the 26 better just because of the weight distribution but if you get one let us know what you think. I bet Ramrod would buy the 29 if you didn't like it :)

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I will tell you guys that Mission is still my personal favorite bow but by the time I added a crank to an XR.....and I would need one...it's the same price as the R26 so I decided to try it. R10, XR, R26 they were all on the list but the R26 won out.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I will tell you guys that Mission is still my personal favorite bow but by the time I added a crank to an XR.....and I would need one...it's the same price as the R26 so I decided to try it. R10, XR, R26 they were all on the list but the R26 won out.
Does Duke know you went to the dark side?

·
8,922 Posts
Does Duke know you went to the dark side?
I know … "Even good shooters make bad mistakes once in a while." 😁 I blame Moon.:p

2941 - 2960 of 3075 Posts