Crossbow Nation banner

3181 - 3200 of 3250 Posts

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,181
I bought mine from Dave at Wyvern early March 2019. Getcha one👍🏻. You won’t be sorry😊

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
Wish I had a dollar for every buck I had seen only once over the years, especially here in deer chasing country.😣
On a side note if y'all saw the video of the big 8 I posted earlier in another thread I have now had him walk by me twice now within 15 yards and had another smaller racked 8 that is also a 3 1/2 yo walk by twice also. They are begging me to kill them I think. Deer suicide!
I am looking for one like the last one Moon killed. :)

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,183
Now that’s a man with a plan!!!👍🏻😊

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,184
I have seen only one little yearling doe since October 3rd. Admittedly, I’m not hunting with the same gusto as I did even last year.

·
9,246 Posts
I have seen only one little yearling doe since October 3rd. Admittedly, I’m not hunting with the same gusto as I did even last year.
Stands to … reason that you ain't seeing nothing. With all the orchids you been tossen at that crossbow and storing it in a bed of rose pedals it probably stinks like a French harlot. 💋 😂 :p

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,186 (Edited)
Just look at it😊. That’s what’s so great about it. It’s sweet looking but that’s its disguise. Lord help the deer that meets up to its standard. 👍🏻

I think that’s why I’m not seeing any bucks. They know what they are in for if they get in front of it😄
Duke, you need to getcha one👍🏻😊

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,187
Looks like I’ll have to hunt on into ML and deer chasing season in hopes of getting a buck with my R26. I’ve had the worst archery season ever with only 4 days remaining. It’s mostly my fault though. Not feeling well and not hunting nearly as hard, or as often, as I used to. Add to that, hot and rainy weather🙄. That’s life.

·
9,246 Posts

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,189
The difference is that you can eat bear multiple times but bear can eat you only once:rolleyes:

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,190
Going to be interesting seeing what new crossbow products are Introduced for 2021. No ATA show, no Harrisburg show. :rolleyes: With all the crap going on in this country right now I guess it’s a good idea to hold up until we see how things shake out. I can only speak for myself. My interest in hunting has subsided as a result of being surrounded by the craziness we see in all directions. I’ve been around for a long time and I’ve never seen things as messed up, in general, as they are now.

·
9,246 Posts
Conservatives … ain't the ones rioting, looting, murdering, and calling for "defunding" police.

Reactions: Moon and SEW

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,193 (Edited)
Finally getting around to tinkering with the XP. I have my little R26 exactly the way I want it. 354 FPS with 403 grain arrows with superbly consistent accuracy. Slowing the 26 down from 400 FPS completely eliminated premature string and cable problems.

I’ve lowered the limb stress on this XP and have settled on 362 FPS. Once I’m confident it is remaining consistent in timing with good string and cable durability, I will post details on what I changed on the factory stock crossbow, but not on this thread :giggle:

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,194
Well, yesterday was the last day of archery only deer season here. This has been the worst season I’ve ever seen. Lots of reasons for that, some including my condition. I saw something promising yesterday though. Muzzleloader season starts today and after 2 weeks of that, deer chasing with dogs starts.☹ I’m going to continue hunting mostly with crossbows, mainly my little Ravin R26👍🏻. Still looking to pop a nice buck with it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Tom I hope you get on a nice one. I saw a decent buck with the muzzleloader but that club's rules state we can kill one buck, then 3 does, before taking a cull buck. so he would have been my 800 dollar buck. I did that last season and regretted it so I let him walk. one beam had no points but went way out, the other beam went more upright with little points, I told a guy who stopped to check on me at the truck and he said I saw earnest, lol. thats what they call that buck, he has trail cam pics of him..

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,196
Kip, I’m glad you are still doing it :giggle:. I’m trying. I hope you pop ole Earnest👍🏻.

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,198
I still can’t believe how many deer I saw yesterday afternoon. Bucks chasing does everywhere from 3:30 until dark. After only seeing 3 deer all bow season!!!! I think I saw 16 yesterday😊. I passed up on a 50 yard shot at a mediocre buck. Just couldn’t make myself shoot him. Waiting to pop a 20 incher with the R26. I guess I have a better chance at winning the lottery😆.

·
9,246 Posts
So quiet and peaceful down at the farm. Wouldn’t take much to keep me here. View attachment 186548
QUIET???... Looks like the roar of a John Deere going on there. Or is the lawn tractor and Sheila an apparition?:unsure:;) You been so accustomed to selling us that unfathomable Ravin BS that you must think we believe you in spite of what we can see...lol😂

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,200
Duke, you ARE a lost cause🙉. This is all I have to say to you😆:

3181 - 3200 of 3250 Posts