Crossbow Nation banner

3201 - 3220 of 3250 Posts

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,201
Running out of days to hunt before they let the dogs out🙈. I’m really enjoying hunting with my 352 FPS R26 Lite😊. I look at it and smile. I’ve tinkered a lot with crossbows since 2003 and this little crossbow has to be the most gratifying by a large margin since simply putting R29 string and cables from Archery Shack on the R26. After months of shooting on a regular basis, the cables and string are exactly as they were when installed new. No changes in timing in cocked and uncocked state, superbly consistent accuracy, no visible wear on the crank cocking tape, even easier cocking than when it was shooting 400 FPS, I’m so thankful that I have a crossbow that fits my needs in every respect, especially now with my ongoing decline in use of my right side. I’m shooting this crossbow using only my left hand with no fore end support most of the time and occasionally with the fore end resting on my knee.
Other than that, this little crossbow is finished like a jewel and, with its unique design features, I doubt I’ll ever see another crossbow that equals the R26.

·
9,246 Posts
And all … with only 836 hours and 17 minutes of "tinkering" to get the crossbow right?...lol :p 😂

I do understand the joy or quality of experience when you focus on a piece of equipment out in the field that provides you world class performance. I get that with optics now and then. I kinda enjoy glancing at the string Marty made for me for my Orion too; it just catches my eye once in a while.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,203
Actually it only took about 5 minutes to switch string and cables. I’m a little disappointed though because, being the tinkerer that I am, I’m bored now with the perfect R26 :giggle:.

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,205
I would like to still have the 400 FPS R26 version with a Zeiss scope on it for 100 yard shots at non-deer critters😊.

·
9,246 Posts
I would like to still have the 400 FPS R26 version with a Zeiss scope on it for 100 yard shots at non-deer critters😊.
View attachment 186986
You do … have good taste in optics. Puzzling how it appears to be an enigma with that paradoxical obsession of championing immoral Ravin. :unsure: 😁

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,208
I dare not respond to that, using a very good politically based comparison, and I think you know why :rolleyes:. I’ll just say I’m a product guy. From that perspective, my Ravin and Zeiss are like 2 peas in a pod😊.

·
9,246 Posts
Perish … the thought of Ravin & Zeiss in the same breath! You should be ashamed! One is historically blue blooded world class and internationally renown and the other PT Barnum flimflam make a financial killing while dishonoring the industry, then bail out and run like a scalded dog. :)

Reactions: dynamo61

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,210 (Edited)
Zeiss- World class optics product
Ravin- World class crossbow product

You know it but won’t admit it because of your unrelated biases.

It’s ok, I understand your dilemma :giggle:

·
9,246 Posts
I'm thinking … if I didn't actually like you a little I'd consider ratting you out to administration to make you buy a dealer sponsorship to continue this ridiculous Ravin informercial thread. :p 😁

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,213
Well, bow season is over and muzzleloader season goes out in 4 days.........still no shooter buck :rolleyes: Admittedly, I am not hunting nearly as hard as I did the last few years. Not even close. Sitting in my stand this afternoon and more of the same, 3 does and 1 young buck, closest one at 125 yards. My Ravin is going to disown me :ROFLMAO:. Oh well, he’d have to be huge for me to pull the trigger. I’d have to get help getting him out of the woods, help with gutting and preparation and then find someone that wanted some venison. My wife won’t eat it and she doesn’t even want me bringing it home. Other than that she’s perfect so I go along with it 😊.

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,214
Wow!!!! I’m seeing some optics that, IMO, have gone way too far for the average crossbow deer hunter. Don’t get me wrong because what those sights do is amazing, but at that price🙄? Range finding and reticle positioning done automatically.........too techy for my old brain. They are also referring to it as compact. Looks big to me.
I still want to be involved in the ranging process, not trust my equipment to do it all for me. I still trust myself, even at my age😆, to put the arrow where it needs to go😊. The tiny reflex sight on an Optimizer does it for me.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
It's too much for me and I need a better field of view but over time the price will probably come down. Like everything else they have to get the money back for R&D. It won't ever be "cheap" but maybe in a few years it will be cheaper. If not then it will have extremely limited sales

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,216
One thing is for sure, there is no shortage of crossbow models and related product choices..... and that’s a good thing. (y)

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,217
Yesterday they dropped the tailgates and turned the dogs loose😫. I’m going to continue hunting with the Ravin R26 but I don’t have much hope of even seeing a shooter buck. Nothing has gone right so far since October 3, including rotten weather that wouldn’t go away. I passed up a marginal buck a couple weeks ago. At the last second before squeezing the trigger, I came to my senses. I’m not shooting a buck just to say I got one. Maybe next year he will measure up but first he has to make it through deer chasing season that lasts until the first week in January.
Going through hunting season without getting a nice buck is certainly not new to me. I’ve still enjoyed being out there, especially now. I hope I can do it a few more years.
We’ve seen some really nice bucks here lately on the forum👍🏻. Congrats to you guys😊. It’s a great feeling knowing you were successful doing it the hard way with an arrow.

·
9,246 Posts
R20 blowup ... Management participant's R20. Pulled the trigger and cable broke. Not the string, a cable.

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,219
At least it was just a cable broken instead of a limb failure as we’ve seen on Scorps.

3201 - 3220 of 3250 Posts