Crossbow Nation banner

3221 - 3240 of 3250 Posts

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,223 (Edited)
Still can’t believe how well the Archery Shack string and cables are holding up on the R26👍🏻

·
9,246 Posts
Still can’t believe how well the Archery Shack string and cables are holding up on the R26👍🏻
I can't ... believe how my Marty string is holding up on my Scorpyd Orion. Two different factory strings serving separated after a dozen shots and Marty's is still tight as a drum after killing about 3 dozen deer and maybe a hundred shots. Just the other day I was sitting in a tree looked down at the string and thought how well it's made. :)

Reactions: SEW and robertyb

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,225
If my Archery Shacks ever need replacing I may try a set from Marty. He gets good reviews.

BTW, mine have killed no deer to date. Do you think it could be the string and cables at play ??😆

·
9,246 Posts
If my Archery Shacks ever need replacing I may try a set from Marty. He gets good reviews.

BTW, mine have killed no deer to date. Do you think it could be the string and cables at play ??😆
Perhaps ... Archery Shack's secret formula for such longevity is they're blending mountain lion sinew into their servings and then hardening the string in a final operation of soaking it in tiger urine. :p 😂 Clashes with the rose buds and orchid scents you toss at the crossbow daily. That bow probably leaves a scent plume like a gay tyrannosaurus in the woods. Little wonder to me that you see no deer.:)🦖

Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
11,371 Posts

Marty does not do them for the Ravins Tom.

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,228
Duke, I see plenty deer, just not the ones that meet my Ravin’s and my standard. Surely you knew that🙄😊

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,229 (Edited)
Going to post a photo of my R26’s buddy later today. They have a lot in common. Both suit me to a T.

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,230
Installed an AR15 adjustable LOP stock on my TC Contender handgun. I shoot it using only my left hand as I do with my R26. My right hand and arm are virtually useless for shooting since the stroke hit me 5 years ago.
This is a 45-70/ 45 caliber muzzleloader barrel. I also have 204 Ruger and 22 HMR barrels for it. All 3 are sighted in and ready to hunt. This setup is a perfect match for my R26. It’s actually lighter in weight than the R26. Ear plugs are a must with these shorty barrels🙉😊.

·
9,246 Posts
What ... a beautiful Thompson you have there. Hard to believe the same guy fancies both the fine handgun and that bow. 😁

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,235
My new case came in today. It will hold all 3 of my sighted in TC Contender shorty barrels in 45-70/45 cal muzzleloader, 204 Ruger and 22 HMR. The 45-70 and 22 HMR barrels are set up with Zeiss Z-Point reflex sights and the 204 Ruger is sporting a small prototype long eye relief Zeiss handgun scope that was never produced for sale. I haven’t tried it yet with the new AR 15 stock but will play with it after hunting season.
So now I have both, my hunting crossbow (Ravin R26) and the short barrel TC Contender with 3 barrels to suit whatever I’m hunting, whether it’s deer, coyotes, groundhogs, etc.

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,237
Kip, I found it on Amazon. It has 2 large compartments for 2 guns plus 3 small accessory compartments. My R26 won’t fit in there but that’s ok.😊

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,238 (Edited)
I’ve deer hunted a couple days now with the little short barrel TC Contender in 45-70. Having to wear ear protection is not fun and I dare not shoot that thing without it. Yep, a deer at 100 yards with it is no problem, even having to shoot it off hand using only my left hand, but I can do the same with the Ravin R26 Lite out to 80 yards shooting it the same way, using only my left hand. With that in mind, I’ve decided to finish out the last 5 weeks of deer season with my little R26. It’s just more fun with an arrow. (y) 😊

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,239
Could possibly take my little Micro Runt for for a hunt or two so it doesn’t feel neglected😊

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,240
Having to reconsider my decision made yesterday to hunt with the R26 crossbow the upcoming last 6 weeks of deer chasing (with dogs) season 🙄. Ramrod and I got on 2 good bowhunting stands this afternoon, both on soybean fields that deer come to for feeding when not being chased by dogs. It was quiet as we went to the stands around 2:00 pm. An hour later we heard dogs in the distance. Then, shortly thereafter, 3 shotgun blasts. The pack of dogs continued coming our way, then 3 or 4 more shotgun blasts. The dogs continued the chase until around 4:00 when 3 or 4 more shots were fired. At that time, they sounded as if to be about 1/2 mile from us, completely ruining our afternoon crossbow hunt. If we had seen a deer it would most certainly be running or at least walking fast to get away from that mess. Although our hunting group of 12 guys do not chase deer with dogs, we are surrounded by several clubs that are mainly deer chasing clubs😫.
As I walked back to the farmhouse at dark I thought maybe I should just consider stop hunting during the roughly 6 weeks of deer chasing season.

3221 - 3240 of 3250 Posts