Crossbow Nation banner
3901 - 3918 of 3918 Posts

·
11,688 Posts
Yeah but that 18 girl looks like she's on meth
So???...lol :p He ain't gonna marry her. :rolleyes: Oh, wait a minute, the male Zsa Zsa Gabor of marriage might want to after all.😂

Reactions: pinshooter

·
SE VA
12,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,902 ·
Can we get back to shooting groundhogs…..ugh………I mean crossbows😜, specifically Bowtech……ugh…….I mean Ravin crossbows?? Getting old is such a challenge !!!🥴

·
11,688 Posts
Can we get back to shooting groundhogs…..ugh………I mean crossbows😜, specifically Bowtech……ugh…….I mean Ravin crossbows?? Getting old is such a challenge !!!🥴

·
SE VA
12,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,904 ·
This is a depressing time of the year for me. Hot as H and humid. I want to shoot but I can’t handle it.

Duke, how’s that R29 doing for you?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
This is a depressing time of the year for me. Hot as H and humid. I want to shoot but I can’t handle it.

It is hot! I had an eventful weekend. I bought a used Mathews TRX 36 from a friend of mine and decided to venture back into the vertical world for competition. I think there will be less headaches. I can't believe the price tag on a 3d setup now days. Holly cow! Starting over isn't easy!

What is the latest ship dates on the 500?

·
11,688 Posts

The R29X ... has been dormant. Lot of things to do around here. No household AC is a real bummer and the 90° heat & 97% humidity every day isn't exactly inspirational either ...lol Still dealing with a lot of Covid interference in our lives trying to accomplish anything.

I laid out a 30 yard and 40 yard shot in my yard that I can safely pull off with some degree of neighborhood stealth. I'll do a little confirmation shooting to get a sense of the XBR holdover points. With all the negative stuff I read about Ravin strings and cables lack of longevity and short lifespan, I feel like every shot is one step closer to perdition. That pretty much sucks ...lol I never do much crossbow practicing, but I never felt like I had to count my Scorpyd string's shots either.

I just packed up my ATN and Auxiliary Ballistic Laser last night to send back to them under warrantee. Hopefully I can get my procrastinating arse over to FedEx or USPS and get them on their way today. I'll take the Vortex 3-15x off the Scorpyd Orion and put it on the Burky-Dorge Scorpyd Velocity that matches the R29X performance characteristics. Sight that in to be the R29X backup for now. The plan is for the ATN to go onto the Velocity at first. I'm in no panic to go back down that ATN rabbit hole though ...lol I have a 3-12x UTG scope laying around here forever that I'll throw on the Orion to sell it, or one of my two Leupold 2.5-8x36mm scopes with 30 yard factory reset parallax depending on the buyer.

Then there's arrows and a spare string for the Ravin. As time passes and I read more and more trials & tribulations of R29 owners chasing better accuracy from their arrows; I'm beginning to think that David at Wyvern was right when I bought the R29X. He said the Ravin arrows shoot pretty darn well and really aren't crazy expensive, and same with the factory strings. I'm just about ready to call him, order some more and put that whole issue to bed. Still almost two months to the season, but seems like the train is building speed and momentum, and it's closing in rapidly now. Have a few days of pro work in early August so the adrenaline and anticipation is starting to intensify.

·
SE VA
12,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,907 ·
Is that all ????😆😆. I don’t know how you do all that multi tasking!! The thing that I do best now is………..sit🥴

·
11,688 Posts
Is that all ????😆😆. I don’t know how you do all that multi tasking!! The thing that I do best now is………..sit🥴
Don't feel ... you're exclusive on that one ...lol My Sheila said "you have a nice arse ... for a guy your age" last Friday. I told her I can't imagine why; it should be shaped more like a pizza for all the sitting on it I do lately.😂 I was a bit taken back with the "a guy your age" part. And quickly considered where she developed her expertise, but I judiciously let those dicey questions dissipate before I got myself in trouble. :p

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Don't feel ... you're exclusive on that one ...lol My Sheila said "you have a nice arse ... for a guy your age" last Friday. I told her I can't imagine why; it should be shaped more like a pizza for all the sitting on it I do lately.😂 I was a bit taken back with the "a guy your age" part. And quickly considered where she developed her expertise, but I judiciously let those dicey questions dissipate before I got myself in trouble. :p

See it's true...for a guy your age people really do get smarter LOL 😄

·
SE VA
12,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,910 ·
I gave my gal lots of feedback, some not positive, but that was then. I could outrun her then. Now she can catch me……..so I behave now. Time changes everything.

·
11,688 Posts

·
11,688 Posts
I gave my gal lots of feedback, some not positive, but that was then. I could outrun her then. Now she can catch me……..so I behave now. Time changes everything.

·
SE VA
12,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,914 ·
Traveling back home from MI on Monday. I’ve got to get some Raven R26 and KI X1 shooting time in when I get home. Right now, between 95 degree weather and things going on around me, I’m getting crossbow withdrawal symptoms 🙄. I just love shooting my little R26 and I also want to finish my X1 comparison evaluation.

This photo is with Ramrod’s R26.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am following this close as I just sold my R26 and ordered the X1

·
11,688 Posts
Is that a true, representative picture of Duke..and his current "Sheila"....or is he playin around again :unsure: :p
It's an ... inferred picture of Moon and the first wife that could outrun him.

If my Sheila was as young as her I wouldn't be hanging around with this bunch. My time would be consumed resting, training, protein packing, and blood doping with oxygen to fulling utilize her assets. :p 😂:cool:

·
SE VA
12,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,918 · (Edited)
Duke!!!!!!!!😆 I told you not to post that photo of me………..and them🙈😆

3901 - 3918 of 3918 Posts