SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,023 ·
Come on, OF!!!!🙄 At our age we are lucky to have any front end!!!!🙈😆😆😆

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,024 ·
Well, it’s time🦌😊. Time to start digging in my hunting tubs to refresh my memory as to what I’ve got for hot, warm, cool and cold weather camo clothing. I normally leave a couple of those tubs down at the farm for last minute changes. Also need to recharge my mosquito repellent unit. Fun times👍🏻😊. My R26 is ready to rock and roll. Didn’t see anything I wanted to shoot last year.
Wishing you guys a great hunting season!! It will be good getting out in the woods away from this crazy world we are in.

·
12,620 Posts
Seems like... a lot of science to kill one buck every half decade. I guess it keeps you out of the bars and brothels though. That and outtaya Sheila's kitchen.😂

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,026 ·
She won’t let me in the kitchen except to eat and take my pills😊
Yep, it is a lot of planning and sitting in the woods but when one of these finally tippy toes by me…….it’s all worth it👍🏻
Tire Plant Vertebrate Wheel Automotive tire

BTW, my R26 has some stiff competition this season. That little KI X1 is baddassed accurate! I’m getting ready to post today’s activity on that thread😊

·
12,620 Posts
She won’t let me in the kitchen except to eat and take my pills😊
Yep, it is a lot of planning and sitting in the woods but when one of these finally tippy toes by me…….it’s all worth it👍🏻 View attachment 207283
BTW, my R26 has some stiff competition this season. That little KI X1 is baddassed accurate! I’m getting ready to post today’s activity on that thread😊
Heck ... you don't need all that crossbow and technology to kill a buck like that. I knew a guy who killed a better one with a 167fps arrow out of a shaped 2x4 with a car spring for limbs! :)

·
12,620 Posts

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,030 ·
That was the most rewarding deer kill ever for me. BTW, that 608 grain arrow left the bow at 139 fps😆. 25 yard shot. Knocked him down, got up and made it 40 yards before going down for good. I’ll never forget that afternoon👍🏻.

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,031 ·
Gotta double check my R26 sight in with RamCat heads. Been spending lots of time with that other🙄😊crossbow in my effort to have it ready for season too. I will be hunting some with both if all goes well, starting next weekend.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Any idea on FPS from and R26 shooting a 435 grain arrow?

Ravin R26
Sig Sauer BDX and Kilo
Thorn Crown 125

·
Registered
545 Posts
385ish would be a good starting point
Thanks, I was thinking roughly that

Need it for reference to set the ballistic holds for the SIG

Ravin R26
Sig Sauer BDX and Kilo
Thorn Crown 125

·
12,620 Posts
Nice buck Pin ... I'm seeing doubles though. Might be an issue with my shooting. :p ;)

Reactions: pinshooter

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,038 ·
Way to go Pin!!!! 👍🏻 Now if we can just get Ramrod to pop one. I told him I will drag the deer out for him😆😆.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Great buck,
Congrats

Ravin R26
Sig Sauer BDX and Kilo
Thorn Crown 125

4021 - 4040 of 4118 Posts