Crossbow Nation banner
4041 - 4060 of 4118 Posts

·
12,620 Posts
Way to go Pin!!!! 👍🏻 Now if we can just get Ramrod to pop one. I told him I will drag the deer out for him😆😆.
I tink ... what we have here is one of them "cold days in hades sit-chee-a-tions! :p 😂
Water Jaw Organism Font Art

·
12,620 Posts
Come-on ... mount that arrow under the deer or alongside of it. Totally takes away from the grandor of the rack. You look at the deer and wonder why there's an arrow sitting on it's head. It's like putting a roof rack on a Ferrari. :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
Sonoran Desert Arizona.
779 Posts
Once the arrow is out of the horns that's a pretty mount. The taxidermist did a really nice job on that deer. A lot of time pictures make mounts look weird. That one is great.

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,047 ·
That arrow brings back the good ole days and always catches me smiling. That buck was taken with my crossbow. 12 yard shot😊

·
12,620 Posts
That arrow brings back the good ole days and always catches me smiling. That buck was taken with my crossbow. 12 yard shot😊
That deer ... reminds me of the old arrow headband joke. :p 😂
Microphone Sleeve Gesture Audio equipment Music

Reactions: pinshooter

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,051 ·
Season starts Saturday and I’m ready………as ready as this old f - rt can be. I’ve got 2 crossbows ready that I will hunt with, my 2 year old Ravin R26 and relatively new KI X1.
The last buck I took, with my Stryker 350 that I’ll never part with, was 3 years ago.
Dog breed Deer Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal
I’ve had that early production crossbow for years. It’s a big crossbow but beautifully designed and a darn shame that Bowtech decided to back out of the crossbow market☹.
Lastly, hanging on the rack, is my early production Excalibur Micro. I shortened the barrel 1.5” and shoot 14.5” Easton FMJ’s out of it.
Wood Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Two great back up crossbows for sure, but my highly innovative R26 and X1 are in the spotlight now for me.

·
12,620 Posts
Reactions: Z-Rider

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,053 ·
I know that prissy guy is not you!!!!!!!🙈🤣

·
12,620 Posts

·
12,620 Posts

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,057 ·
A question was just asked on another thread: Are narrow crossbows worth the problems associated with them? My answer is YES…..once you get through the briar patch and break out into the open field👍🏻😊.

·
12,620 Posts
A question was just asked on another thread: Are narrow crossbows worth the problems associated with them? My answer is YES…..once you get through the briar patch and break out into the open field👍🏻😊.
The second ... time we totally agree on something!(y) That happens about as often as Halley's Comet passing earth during a Harvest Moon with the Northern Lights shining below the Mason-Dixon line. :oops: 😂

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,059 · (Edited)
You certainly have an unusual way of expressing yourself 😊.
Stop and think about this……..if the super small crossbows were introduced shooting speeds around 340 fps, as large crossbows were shooting 10 years ago, their reliability would likely not have been a problem. Unfortunately, they wanted to throw the 400+ FPS equation in there too. 🙄
It didn’t take long at all to see the result of that. My Ravin R26 was a basket case when it was new, shooting 400 grain arrows at 403 fps. String and cables were a disaster. I lowered the limb stress by switching to quality built R29 string and cables from Archery Shack and the R26 has been totally trouble free for 1.5 years shooting 403 grain arrows at 352 fps. If I can’t kill a deer with a 352 FPS arrow, I need to keep my butt home on the porch!!
I the meantime, the little crossbows are improving with less problems but the manufacturers surely bit off more than they could chew in the beginning.
My little R26’s total package of unique features, including it’s super small size, IMO puts it in a class all its own…….with the new KI X1 knocking on the door 👍🏻😊 It has its own totally unique features that are great. I’m going into hunting season, which starts Saturday, with these two crossbows. By season’s end I’ll see which one is getting the most hunting time.

4041 - 4060 of 4118 Posts