Crossbow Nation banner
4061 - 4080 of 4118 Posts

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,061 ·
It does matter to me when going into and out of the woods and handling while on stand.
Plant Grass People in nature Groundcover Tints and shades

·
Registered
228 Posts
You certainly have an unusual way of expressing yourself 😊.
Stop and think about this……..if the super small crossbows were introduced shooting speeds around 340 fps, as large crossbows were shooting 10 years ago, their reliability would likely not have been a problem. Unfortunately, they wanted to throw the 400+ FPS equation in there too. 🙄
It didn’t take long at all to see the result of that. My Ravin R26 was a basket case when it was new, shooting 400 grain arrows at 403 fps. String and cables were a disaster. I lowered the limb stress by switching to quality built R29 string and cables from Archery Shack and the R26 has been totally trouble free for 1.5 years shooting 403 grain arrows at 352 fps. If I can’t kill a deer with a 352 FPS arrow, I need to keep my butt home on the porch!!
I the meantime, the little crossbows are improving with less problems but the manufacturers surely bit off more than they could chew in the beginning.
My little R26’s total package of unique features, including it’s super small size, IMO puts it in a class all its own…….with the new KI X1 knocking on the door 👍🏻😊 It has its own totally unique features that are great. I’m going into hunting season, which starts Saturday, with these two crossbows. By season’s end I’ll see which one is getting the most hunting time.
I hope you get a shot at two good bucks this year Mr Tom. One buck per little jewel!!! Good luck this upcoming season…

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,066 ·
352 FPS on the right and 370 FPS on the left. Either way…….dead deer😊 but he has to measure 20”👍🏻
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive exterior Bumper

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,068 · (Edited)
Looks like Ravin is shooting themselves in the foot now. The R500 and R18 are the two ugliest crossbows I’ve ever seen, even uglier than Scorpyd. If they drop the R26, I’m done with them.
Maybe it’s a blessing that they are hung up with releasing the 500 and 18 for sale.🙄

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,069 ·
Sounds like the 500 is right around the corner🙄. All jokes aside, I would have loved to see some of those features on a light weight 380 at a reasonable price. “Aint” happening so I’m holding on tight to my great little R26, probably for my hunting duration.
Bicycle Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Automotive tire

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sounds like the 500 is right around the corner🙄. All jokes aside, I would have loved to see some of those features on a light weight 380 at a reasonable price. “Aint” happening so I’m holding on tight to my great little R26, probably for my hunting duration. View attachment 208593
Now that’s a thing of beauty. I’m thinking your friend Duke would even agree!!!!😎

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,071 ·
I think he likes his R29X so far😊.

I see you found a photo of a guy shooting the 500. It looks so small but also looks heavy. Maybe Ravin is going to drop a bomb on the naysayers. Now, if they will just offer one at half price🙄😆

·
12,620 Posts
I’ll bet I can slow it down to about 450 fps.😆
Yeah ... just drop a 750gr payload into the catapult pouch, engage the cocking machinery, and touch it off...lol :p 😂
Plant Wood Window Tree Grass

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,074 ·
I thought you would have dumped that contraption photo by now😊
As to the 500, I’d like to see a much slower and likely to be much more reliable and trouble free version of that speed demon and cost crazy version.

·
12,620 Posts
I thought you would have dumped that contraption photo by now😊
As to the 500, I’d like to see a much slower and likely to be much more reliable and trouble free version of that speed demon and cost crazy version.
Why? ... there's a dozen proven, simple crossbows in your preferred speed range. Why look to make the super-duper complicated R500 with the quadruple double duelies into one of them? It's like trying to turn a NHRA Funny Car into an everyday driver. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Sonoran Desert Arizona.
779 Posts
Why? ... there's a dozen proven, simple crossbows in your preferred speed range. Why look to make the super-duper complicated R500 with the quadruple double duelies into one of them? It's like trying to turn a NHRA Funny Car into an everyday driver. :rolleyes:
He's looking for the electric cranking system.. Moon get one and shoot it like it is.:)

·
12,620 Posts
He's looking for the electric cranking system.. Moon get one and shoot it like it is.:)
I'm reserving ... judgement on that electric system until I hear it. :) ;) Hopefully it isn't as noisy as your typical battery powered drill machine.:unsure:

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,078 · (Edited)
I would like to see these new technologies also offered in models that are not pushing the never ending increase in speed.

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,079 ·
Ok, the curtain is opening now. Get ready for the 500 show😊

·
12,620 Posts
Ok, the curtain is opening now. Get ready for the 500 show😊
The critics ... are sharpening their pencils now ...lol :p ;)

Reactions: Moon and pinshooter
4061 - 4080 of 4118 Posts