Crossbow Nation banner
4201 - 4220 of 4253 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
I thought you said you were “discontinuing” this thread awhile back!?! 🙃

Ive been gone for a bit, so glad to see it still active. Learned a lot from it. And still loving my little pocket rocket R26!
I personally think the R26 thread should live on because IMO there’s nothing out there in it’s class better in functionality and so many other ways! Although I own one and absolutely love it👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well….. I got a new 26 last week. I’ve got a R29 that’s been bulletproof the last 2 years. But that 26 will be awesome out hunting out of a saddle this year. There’s a pretty good difference in size between the two. I’ll try and keep the weight to a minimum and probably just use the standard factory scope that came with it, and not use the Jack plate and scope that came with my 29 sniper package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,205 ·
Funny how every time I take my R26 to the farm and shoot it a few times I catch myself smiling walking back to the truck😊. It’s that good👍🏻. Its super small size, super accuracy consistency, ease of cocking and great trigger…….it all adds up to a level that any other crossbow would have a difficult time matching. My first shot today at 60 yards was dead center of the dot!! I love it!!!

·
Registered
Mission Sub One Lite/Excalibur Vixen II
2,004 Posts
Well...I mirrored the used one I bought after the one you built. Had a set of Archery Shack R29 string and cables put on it..put some BB accessories on it and had Mr. Burky build me an adjustable butt stock..the bow shoots well and is tamed down from a stock R26..gotta say I do like it alot and it will see it's share of hunting time this Fall👍

·
Registered
864 Posts
Funny how every time I take my R26 to the farm and shoot it a few times I catch myself smiling walking back to the truck😊. It’s that good👍🏻. Its super small size, super accuracy consistency, ease of cocking and great trigger…….it all adds up to a level that any other crossbow would have a difficult time matching. My first shot today at 60 yards was dead center of the dot!! I love it!!!
Remind me, please. What length arrows are you shooting in your R26?

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
903 Posts
Finally got my hands on an R26 when a friend asked me to replace the strings and cables for him. Small is an understatement. That is a lot of energy packed into a very compact package. I own both the R29 and R29X and those are extremely versatile for me. Really neat piece of equipment.

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,211 ·
I bought my R26 3 years ago. Back then, string and cable longevity was not good to say the least🥴. After struggling with that for awhile, I decided to install a set of Archery Shack R29 string and cables on the R26. It brought the speed down to 352 fps resulting from lessening the limb stress. 350 fps has been my ideal hunting crossbow speed anyway. Now, 2.5 years later, the R26 is still trouble free. I’ll never part with this little crossbow.
Grass Asphalt Bumper Urban design Automotive exterior

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,212 ·
Only taken one coyote with a crossbow about 12 years ago. Have not seen another one while hunting since then although I hear locals say they see a few of them.
I drove down interstate 95 yesterday into Halifax County North Carolina to visit my Mom’s gravesite. Going South in the Emporia VA area I saw a coyote lying dead on the side of the highway. A few hours later, on the way home on Interstate 95 North, I see another coyote lying dead in the same general area close to Emporia which is about 55 miles South of my hunting grounds. I hope they don’t migrate in this direction.
Carnivore Plant Grass Terrestrial animal Wallaby

Plant Dog breed Carnivore Fox Grass

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,213 ·
This is the crossbow that I kept going back to at the ATA show. It's amazingly small, lightweight and shoots a 400 grain arrow a legitimate 400 fps. Holding the bow and shouldering it put a smile on my face;-) I can imagine a Zeiss Z-Point sitting on that rail. The 26's fore end, although looking a bit strange at first, is an awesome design for us offhand shooters. I kept going back to hold it:). Their new Jackplate may be a nice addition too.

Now we can sit back and wait (at least try;-) for owner feedback and durability. They have gone crazy with pricing though.
View attachment 140456
Yep, this was my first post over 3 years ago on the Ravin R26. Have not changed my mind a bit on this crossbow. The bunch of plus features greatly outweigh the string/cable limited life and I think current model strings and cables are much improved. Yep, I slowed it down to 352 fps using R29 string and cables and that completely illuminated string and cable problems. Mine are now 2.5 years old and Still good.

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,218 ·
Fixing to hang an X on my R26. I just couldn’t stand it any longer. Sometimes my shot may be 20 yds but at the blink of an eye it may change to 50 yds. As light as the Little Rocket 🚀 is I think the overall weight will be manageable!!🚀👍
I’ll have to admit, I’ve been thinking about buying a second R26 and leaving it at a bit over 400 fps just to compare it to my current 3 year old R26 when it was new. It was a basket case when new (string and cables were junk). Even if a new one, shooting 400+ fps, proves to be durable, I’d still likely stay mostly with my 352 fps super dependable and accurate 3 year old R26.😊

·
Registered
403 Posts
I’ll have to admit, I’ve been thinking about buying a second R26 and leaving it at a bit over 400 fps just to compare it to my current 3 year old R26 when it was new. It was a basket case when new (string and cables were junk). Even if a new one, shooting 400+ fps, proves to be durable, I’d still likely stay mostly with my 352 fps super dependable and accurate 3 year old R26.😊
My Archery Shack cables and string are still holding up very well Mr. Tom. I don’t have a ton of shots on them but they’re so much better than the Ravin set sold with the crossbow. No comparison in the two!!

4201 - 4220 of 4253 Posts