Crossbow Nation banner
4221 - 4240 of 4253 Posts

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,222 ·
As much as I love My R26 setup with the Zeiss XB75 Scope, I’m considering switching back to a Zeiss Z-Point red dot on a HHA Optimizer to save weight.
Bumper Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Plant

My declining health/strength is ruling the roost now.

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,225 ·
Well, I pulled the Zeiss XB75 scope off the R26………..and then put it back on🙄😊.
I installed the red dot and HHA Optimizer but it just didn’t feel right. I’ll have to leave perfect alone except for the little extra weight. I’ll be hunting closer than ever to the farmhouse this fall anyway so that’s that.
Bumper Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Plant

Motor vehicle Asphalt Bumper Grass Urban design

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,227 ·
OK, I said it before but slipped up and came back to post again on this thread. I’m going to try again to leave it alone. I think there’s enough info here to help those trying to decide whether to get a R26 or not. All its advantages and the very few disadvantages surely have been covered here.

·
Registered
403 Posts
OK, I said it before but slipped up and came back to post again on this thread. I’m going to try again to leave it alone. I think there’s enough info here to help those trying to decide whether to get a R26 or not. All its advantages and the very few disadvantages surely have been covered here.
I personally think the R26 thread will never be put to rest Mr. Tom! It’s too darn good of a crossbow to allow this thread to dissolve. Many engineers and manufactures will be chasing this total design and package for years to come. IMO

·
Registered
403 Posts
Going to add a check piece to the Little Rocket since that big Oracle X is sitting on top. Still enjoying shooting the R26 with the X on top. Attached is a pic of my second shot at 95 yds. First shot was about 1 1/4 low. I’ll call the second shot good!👍

Attachments

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,233 · (Edited)
My R26 likes my Zeiss XB-75 scope. I shoot off my knee and can keep my arrows in a 2” circle at 60 yards. I’m too old to change now.😊
The XB-75 is a great conventional multi-reticle scope but without an illuminated reticle and priced at almost $600. Not surprising it was discontinued. I’m shooting that scope now on my R26, KI-X1 and, most recently my little Excal Micro. Love em!!!!
Still using a Zeiss Z-Point red dot/HHA Optimizer on my good ole Stryker 350 and a cheap ($59) Truglo 3 dot sight (just for fun) on my fairly new super lightweight Excal MagAir. The jury is still out on this crossbow (trigger housing stability issues on mine).

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,235 ·
It’s in the speed range that I like. It’s one weird looking thing for sure. Gotta give RavIn credit for jumping outside the conventional 400 to 500 fps range with conventional limbs. I’ve got to handle and shoot one before jumping though😊

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,236 · (Edited)
Going through some recent changes health wise. My little R26, as perfect as it would be a few months back, is just too heavy for me now. I removed the heavy
XB75 scope and replaced it with a tiny red dot sitting on a shortened HHA Optimizer. Made quite a difference in ease of handling for me. I know I won’t get the same accuracy level with it but at least I can continue shooting and hunting with it……..for now🙄.
Going to the farm this afternoon to sight it in and maybe sit in one of my stands for a couple hours. I love this little R26👍🏻.

I passed up 2 close range shots on small bucks last week. Waiting for the ole big boy😊.

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,238 ·
Well, I pulled the Zeiss XB75 scope off the R26………..and then put it back on🙄😊.
I installed the red dot and HHA Optimizer but it just didn’t feel right. I’ll have to leave perfect alone except for the little extra weight. I’ll be hunting closer than ever to the farmhouse this fall anyway so that’s that. View attachment 226213
View attachment 226212
Wow, how time changes things🙄. Decisions I made just a few months ago, in many cases, don’t feel right now. I took the time to set up the HHA Optimizer with Zeiss red dot sight on the R26 again as I recently posted. I’ll just have to get used to the different feel while appreciating the much lighter weight of the setup. There is no practical difference in accuracy either. It’s staying on there this time😊.

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,240 ·
Sonny, I’ve about decided not to purchase an R18. My health is waning and adding more things to do just doesn’t fit well with me now. I think staying with the crossbows I now have is the right thing to do.

4221 - 4240 of 4253 Posts