Crossbow Nation banner
4241 - 4253 of 4253 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sonny, I’ve about decided not to purchase an R18. My health is waning and adding more things to do just doesn’t fit well with me now. I think staying with the crossbows I now have is the right thing to do.
I hope Santa Clause brings you one. Also hope you get better and I really hope ole big boy walks in front of you and you get a shot at him. I’m thinking if you do get a shot he’s doomed.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Mr Tom. May God Bless you my friend!

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,243 ·
Sonny, thank you Sir. I passed up shots on 2 small racked bucks week before last. Both were less than 15 steps from me. Haven’t seen a nice buck in a long time. It’s ok though because I’m still able to be out there, just not as much as I was a few years ago.
I hope Santa is good to you 😊.

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,244 ·
My buddy, Oldflyer, passed away on the 23rd. He was well known on CN and rightfully so. His unique crossbow design, offered by Killer Instinct, proves Jeff’s capabilities. He will be missed by many people. Thank you Jeff, I’ll never forget you and I hope we can be together again one day.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
My buddy, Oldflyer, passed away on the 23rd. He was well known on CN and rightfully so. His unique crossbow design, offered by Killer Instinct, proves Jeff’s capabilities. He will be missed by many people. Thank you Jeff, I’ll never forget you and I hope we can be together again one day.
Say it ain’t so…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Going to the farm to sit in the woods next to the field with my X1 that Oldflyer designed😊. I know this is a R26 thread but………I can’t help it.
Oldflyers X1 design belongs right next to the R26 in more ways than one Mr Tom. He was an extremely well respected gentlemen. His X1 design will live on for many many years to come!👍👍

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,251 ·
I’m down to 4 crossbows that I currently shoot and hunt with………all 4 for different reasons.

Ravin R26 that I slowed down to 352 fps
KI X1 that I slowed down to 350 fps
Excal MagAir that’s feather light
Excal early production shortened Micro……

….plus my old long, heavy but beautifully designed Stryker 350 that I killed my last buck with 3 years ago that’s too large and heavy for me to handle now. I’ll never part with it.

·
SE VA
14,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,252 ·
Looks like we are recently seeing increased negative comments concerning first time RavIn crossbow buyers. Just saw a couple R5X unhappy customers on the forum. I just took a look at that crossbow and the first thing I saw was that diving board scope rail!!!!🙄👎 Why in the world would they offer that crap after getting it right with other models???? Wake up RavIn!!! Why not offer bulletproof R26’s that shoot 350 fps at $799?? Not being a speed freak, I’m perfectly happy with my R26 that I simply changed from crappy supplied string and cables to aftermarket R29’s. 3 years without a problem. If I can’t kill a deer with a 350 fps arrow, shame on me!!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Looks like we are recently seeing increased negative comments concerning first time RavIn crossbow buyers. Just saw a couple R5X unhappy customers on the forum. I just took a look at that crossbow and the first thing I saw was that diving board scope rail!!!!🙄👎 Why in the world would they offer that crap after getting it right with other models???? Wake up RavIn!!! Why not offer bulletproof R26’s that shoot 350 fps at $799?? Not being a speed freak, I’m perfectly happy with my R26 that I simply changed from crappy supplied string and cables to aftermarket R29’s. 3 years without a problem. If I can’t kill a deer with a 350 fps arrow, shame on me!!!!
Wish they’d listen to you MrTom. Logic's tells anyone Ravin could sell 1000 crossbows for $799 vs selling 100 crossbows that sell for $2500.

4241 - 4253 of 4253 Posts