Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are some folks on these forums who bash each other over brands, loyalty, Etc. It's like Ford and Chevy people and the razzing they give back and forth. LOL! Frankly I just admire new technology and cool gadgets. Being a TenPoint owner, (Viper S400) I have a few other brands I like and would buy. Ravin is certainly on the "High end" list of bows I would buy. I like the rail-less flight system, and the HC technology seems to make sense to me. I also like the Jack Plate concept. Now that integrated cocking mechanisms are becoming fairly common on more brands, there will be more bows to like going forward. I also like the fact that BigBird1 makes cool accessories for the Ravin bows. I wish someone thought out of the box and was willing to take the time and effort to do the same for TenPoint. IMO the more options available the better off we all are. Us TP folks have a few engineers of our own on CBN. Now if I could just convince one of them to put their lives on "Pause" and design some cool stuff for TP bows, I would be elated.(Them, maybe not so much) :ROFLMAO: Really though, I am eyeing that R29X up for next year. What else does BigBird1 make for the Ravin bows? So far I have seen his crank mount and string posts.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I recently ordered one of each of his parts for my 29x, the bird mount, string latch release tool, nock centering tool, limb bubble level, and trigger shoe. Not sure what you mean by string posts.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
..... I also like the Jack Plate concept....
We are having great success with our Ravin R26 with no jack plate and stock scope.
Tested thoroughly at 20, 25, 40, 50 and 60 yards.
Deadly accurate.
Will keep you posted as we stretch it out to 100 yards, which is the highest holdover available on the stock scope.
It is also the max distance we intend to shoot.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
One thing that Im curious to know about the Ravin crossbows is how often and how long will they take being cocked? I hunt a lot of hrs during the season and those little limbs are working pretty hard. I might have to buy another just to rotate them throughout the season.

·
Registered
432 Posts
One thing that Im curious to know about the Ravin crossbows is how often and how long will they take being cocked? I hunt a lot of hrs during the season and those little limbs are working pretty hard. I might have to buy another just to rotate them throughout the season.
There manual will tell you but no more than twelve hrs. When hunting elk I hunt the mornings and evenings and uncock it in the middle of the day. Strings and cables stay in tune longer.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Apparently the folks who have had them blow up are antelope hunters who take them out cocked and let them sit in the sun all day, it says 12 but in sun I'd reduce that number significantly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We are having great success with our Ravin R26 with no jack plate and stock scope.
Tested thoroughly at 20, 25, 40, 50 and 60 yards.
Deadly accurate.
Will keep you posted as we stretch it out to 100 yards, which is the highest holdover available on the stock scope.
It is also the max distance we intend to shoot.
Dynamo61, interested to hear how your testing goes. I'm torn between the 29x and 26.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Dynamo61, interested to hear how your testing goes. I'm torn between the 29x and 26.
Have you felt either? As soon as I had my hands on a 26 I knew I wanted the 29. The balance made the decision for me, the performance is almost identical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you felt either? As soon as I had my hands on a 26 I knew I wanted the 29. The balance made the decision for me, the performance is almost identical.
Yeah I was thinking the 29x till I held the 26! I'm 5'7" so the smaller profile is a plus. Probably worth another trip to the shop and will pay more attention to the balance - good point.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Indeed, I usually post my shooting results here:

Yeah I was thinking the 29x till I held the 26! I'm 5'7" so the smaller profile is a plus. Probably worth another trip to the shop and will pay more attention to the balance - good point.
I'm 5' 10' on a good day and the R26 is very comfortable for me.
My 6'4" friends, however, have to adjust quite a bit before getting comfortable to shoot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts