Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to get a spare set of strings to keep on hand for my R29x and checked with Ravin on it...here is their reply.

Steven,

The cables on the R29x have changed to a higher strand count as well as a new material that will have less stretch over time and hold better with long term performance. The new string and cables will have a better overall lifespan than the previous string and cables.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was looking to get a spare set of strings to keep on hand for my R29x and checked with Ravin on it...here is their reply.

Steven,

The cables on the R29x have changed to a higher strand count as well as a new material that will have less stretch over time and hold better with long term performance. The new string and cables will have a better overall lifespan than the previous string and cables.
I think this the exact think tenpoint did or is doing .i have 2 sets of cables here.one set is thicker then the other set.maybe the are using some kind of new thinner stronger material.im in the process of finding out and get confirmation on this.good to know Ravin is on top of this.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

Steven,

Okay.
So how about this?
When you order or buy Ravin cables and string. How will one know if they are the new and improved vs the older (pre R29x) cables and string?

I notice looking at Wyvearn creations site the cables and string set list all Ravin bow modles except R18 and the R500.

·
Registered
6,773 Posts
The cables on the R29x have changed to a higher strand count as well as a new material that will have less stretch over time and hold better with long term performance.
It’s my understanding that the Ravin serving has to be a certain diameter for the orange Ravin nocks to snap on to. If they’re using a higher strand count, I would think those strands have to be thinner or the serving diameter has to be thinner.

I’m guessing the new string strand is thinner ???

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
It’s my understanding that the Ravin serving has to be a certain diameter for the orange Ravin nocks to snap on to. If they’re using a higher strand count, I would think those strands have to be thinner or the serving diameter has to be thinner.

I’m guessing the new string strand is thinner ???
They would have to be thinner. For Ravin nock to work. Unless they changed to a serving that’s smaller in diameter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts