Crossbow Nation banner

Sticking with R500 or Making Switch to Tenpoint 505?

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Premium Member
Scorpyd Orion Ravin R9
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious how many of you out there that were hoping to purchase the R500 are going to change your decision and go with Tenpoint. As I have said on the forum many times, I have been a Ravin fan since the R9 came out, but with this current R500 debacle, I am almost certain I am going to make a switch to Tenpoint with my next high end Xbow purchase. I still like the form factor of the R500 better (narrower over-all), but I don't want to take a chance having to send a bow back again and again. Ravin customer service has been great when I have needed it, but the company has shaken my confidence with their latest release. The bolts should be a relatively easy fix, but because the issue exists to begin with tells me they didn't test these arrows, or they simply didn't care. So, let me know how many of you plan on switching gears with your purchase.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
TenPoint's Warranty (copied and pasted from their website)

"TenPoint Crossbow Technologies guarantees its crossbows against defects in materials and workmanship that adversely affect the operation of the crossbow for the lifetime of the original owner, except for the bow limbs, scope, and ACUslide cocking device which are warranted for five (5) years from the date of purchase, and strings and cables, which are not covered by this warranty."

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I am just curious how many of you out there that were hoping to purchase the R500 are going to change your decision and go with Tenpoint. As I have said on the forum many times, I have been a Ravin fan since the R9 came out, but with this current R500 debacle, I am almost certain I am going to make a switch to Tenpoint with my next high end Xbow purchase. I still like the form factor of the R500 better (narrower over-all), but I don't want to take a chance having to send a bow back again and again. Ravin customer service has been great when I have needed it, but the company has shaken my confidence with their latest release. The bolts should be a relatively easy fix, but because the issue exists to begin with tells me they didn't test these arrows, or they simply didn't care. So, let me know how many of you plan on switching gears with your purchase.
Cancelled my pre-order for an R500E this past spring.
Sure am glad I did.
At least TenPoint waited until theirs was fully tested prior to selling it to joe public.
Still, going to wait to see how the 505 pans out for a year or so before making a move.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
If I won a contest and was able to choose either, I would pick the most expensive one. And quickly sell it unfired.... no interest in anything that fast and fragile.
But if I was forced to get something like these would go for the Tenpoint. Not crazy about either company but the nod would go to 10PT just because I've never owned one and respect the idea that they would thoroughly test a product before releasing...wouldn't they?

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Here is the problem I see with these fast Xbows .
BROASDHEADS !!
just think of the guy just getting into xbows , buys the fast model 500 or 505, picks a mechanical with wide big blades .
If they are a front to rear deploy kiss the blades by by , I have seen this with bows that shoot 450 fps , they just can not slam open that fast .

#2 is accuracy , at the distances those new guys want to shoot , forget a fixed blade and the arrows will have to be built at Steller tolerances .

#3 targets !!!!

#4 center serving

Not willing to pay the coin for all that grief , just want to go and hunt at a modest rang of 40 yds and in .

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I'm not paying three grand for any bow. I kill deer just fine with my current 10 pt. Shooting a measly 345 fps no deer has complained yet.

·
Registered
Darton Serpent, Serpend LTD, Viper SSxtreme and Scorpyd Aculeus 135lbs
318 Posts
None of the options offered are interesting to me. It's a pity that you should always make such inaccurate decisions, because many can not participate because they have already found the ideal devices for themselves and both offered are not of interest to them.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
BROASDHEADS !!
just think of the guy just getting into xbows , buys the fast model 500 or 505, picks a mechanical with wide big blades .
If they are a front to rear deploy kiss the blades by by , I have seen this with bows that shoot 450 fps , they just can not slam open that fast .

#2 is accuracy , at the distances those new guys want to shoot , forget a fixed blade and the arrows will have to be built at Steller tolerances .

#3 targets !!!!

#4 center serving

Not willing to pay the coin for all that grief , just want to go and hunt at a modest rang of 40 yds and in .
These are all valid points that nobody thinks of because they are blinded by 500-505 fps.

Weeks and months from now the forums will be flooded with…

Which target for my R500/TP505?

Can’t keep serving on my string

Which broadhead for the drag racer I just purchased

Can’t get nocks or arrows to hold up to my new hot rod

KI Swat X1
Sig Sauer BDX and Kilo 1800
Thorn Crown 125, HPX 125 Swhacker 150 3”

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
BROASDHEADS !!

#3 targets !!!!

#4 center serving

Hey Burky, you ever look at or shoot the Barbarian broadheads?

1 - 20 of 267 Posts