Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

Quick question on using the standard Rage Hypodermics in my new RDX 400.

Is there a possibility of them opening in flight? A couple of people told me they will but I have my doubts. Do I fall for their marketing ploy, return them and purchase the Rage crossbow designated broadheads?

Thank you.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
I prefer the standards and shoot them using the black collars with a dental band on them for extra insurance. No premature deployments at all. I think if they will hold up on my Ravin R20 at 435 fps you will be fairly safe. Make sure you align the blades between the slots and not on the slots. That is where a lot of folks mess up.
I have seen a lot more posts about problems with the red bands not opening correctly than premature deployments.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I think you would be ok. If your unsure just get the orange shock collars. No need to take em back.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've shot them out of my Barnett Vengeance which I BELIEVE is at 350 fps. ( +-). Two does fatally shot out of two. First time using them. If/when I get my Ten Point Vapor S400, I'll be shooting them with confidence. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

·
Registered
131 Posts
125gr Hypodermics for me with standard shock collar....I also do use a dental band around the middle of them.....I started using the band on them really to keep them tight in my quiver ( old quiver had foam and I use to push the broadhead tip down into the foam). I dont have any foam in my quiver on my deathstalker, but I still just kept the bands on the Hypos.....never caused any negative issues that I've seen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks very much for all the replies. I'm confidant in the "new to me" broadheads now. I've ordered some 1/4" dental bands from Amzn. Patiently awaiting the arrival of the RDX. My Tenpoint Woodsman Plus has finally outlived its utility. I'll post a picture when I connect with some steaks on hooves.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
The reason I use them is because I had some hypos in a quiver and pulled one out for a practice shot and saw that I had put to much pressure on the tip end and one of the small tabs was poking out some (sprung) and like an idiot I decided to see if it would shoot OK. It hit 2 feet over my 30 yard target and buried into a tree another 10 yards back where it still resides.
I bought some dental bands that day for insurance. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!! 25 yard shot. Ran 80-90 yards. Dressed out 120.5. That's the exit wound in the picture. 2" going in and 2" exiting. Very impressive broadhead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts