Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as much as I like the damage, they are a royal pain in the ass to replace the blades.

·
1,071 Posts
I agree its easier to replace the heads. I just bought some Red Head Gators they were on sale for $19.99 a pack of three. No "O" rings to fool with and still has a 2" cut. Ive seen some pretty damaging pictures of what the Gators do. Im anxious to see what they do this year for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love Gators. But I'm using 125 gr heads and they only come in 100gr. I may switch next season though

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New heads were $40, replacement blades were $20. It really wasn't worth the time it took me

·
Registered
62 Posts
New heads were 32.75 with free shipping on ebay, The replacement balades were 21 plus shipping. easier to switch heads. And I love the rage 2 blade 100 grain. Leaves a real nice hole and easy bloodtrail to follow.....

·
1,071 Posts
Smokewagon I had 125 Rage also but I thought for the price I could live with the Gators especially on sale for $19.99. Time will tell if I made the right decision.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I'm gonna definately switch back to them. I shot a doe one time length wise with them and the only thing holdin the arrow in was the fleching. Look like she had been run through with a sword. I just don't want to have to resight in middle of season.

·
1,071 Posts
Thats good to know about your experiences with the Gator. Hopefully I'll have one posted soon for you to see.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have shot rage since they have come out. Never had any problems. I now shoot the extremes and the wounds are devastating. Its all personal preference but I will never shoot anything but rage. Too good of success rate!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts