Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have to bring this into the public eye because I was thoroughly impressed with the backing of the product from my rain gear company. I purchased Rivers West rain gear out of the Cascades two seasons ago. This past week while hunting and using my jacket for the first time during pretty substantial rain, I sustained a leak in my shoulders and arms areas.

I contacted the company and explained what was going on and spoke with Matt who took down some information and assessed my situation. Since we are in the midst of our hunting season he did not hesitate whatsoever to say we will send you off a new jacket. I expressed my extreme pleasure with that whole thought and offered to send the other jacket back. His stance on behalf of the company was that if it were not in the middle of hunting season they may have asked to have the jacket returned for analysis but he was more concerned about getting me waterproofed.

If you are looking for rain gear and want a company that will back it 100%, I highly suggest dealing with Rivers West.

http://www.riverswest.com/

Stay safe everyone and take the shot that best guarantees you a quick and seamless recovery.

·
11,196 Posts
Gotta say … this leaves me conflicted ...lol Great customer service … but their raingear leaks? ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta say … this leaves me conflicted ...lol Great customer service … but their raingear leaks? ;)
LOL, yes Duke, it would however as they explained to me, occasionally factory mistakes show themselves, but they are willing to step up to the plate. That made me extremely happy.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
I guess any company could let a blemish get out but as long as they stood behind their products you gotta hand it to them.;):)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I have spent a 100's on supposedly high tech rain gear, I have yet had any jacket last more than 1 year, that is except for two cold weather wading jackets, and no way could I hunt in them in weather above the low 30's. I would sure like to hear about some gear for warm weather that is breathable, and works in steady rain for more than a year or so.

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
I bought a Remington light weight rain suit several years back for $15 shipping fees. I thought I might get a year out of it on the FL fishing piers if I was very lucky. It lasted me over 5 years before it started leaking and if I spray it down with a seam sealer it still works fairly well.
I have a 10X gore tex parka that I have been hunting in for 25 or so years and it has never leaked a drop. I bought it from Cabelas back when I was young and it has been well worth the price which I could not afford at the time. I recently bought another of the same brand from them.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I had 10X twice,, it and Mad Dog were two of the worst. I do hunt thickets and thats what I think causes the leaks, but the cheap noisy crap has no problem working, problem with it is noise, and sweat!

·
Registered
681 Posts
The problem with breathable materials is it doesn't breath enough to stop the condensation. That is why high end stuff has underarm vent zippers and such. You just can't move enough moisture through the membrane unless it is porous enough to leak like a sieve. The "breathability" just isn't enough to do the job particularly in hot wet weather, when you need it most.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I just refuse to hunt in the rain on purpose. Some times i do get caught in it

·
11,196 Posts
I have spent a 100's on supposedly high tech rain gear, I have yet had any jacket last more than 1 year, that is except for two cold weather wading jackets, and no way could I hunt in them in weather above the low 30's. I would sure like to hear about some gear for warm weather that is breathable, and works in steady rain for more than a year or so.
I bought … some very pricey Swazi raingear from New Zealand. Quiet, flexible, nice for hunting. Love their stuff. First year I sat out in a few deluges and stayed totally dry. Two years later, shoulders were getting wet, knees wet. Go figure? I have an ancient pair of insulated Browning Gortex bibs that STILL keep me dry! Most wouldn't believe the mud and blood that's been all over those things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts