Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
SE VA
14,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buck taken with a 15th Century pattern Medieval crossbow I had built by a couple in Texas. I had a ball playing with this ancient bow for months before bow season came in. Built some 608 grain arrows and cut the arrow length so the tip of the 220 grain Grizzly broadhead was used for 25 yard (maximum) aiming. The buck came by me at 25 yards. As he stepped into my shooting lane I made a grunting sound. I was already squeezing the tickler (trigger) with the tip of the broadhead lined lined up perfectly on his shoulder. The bow fired and that slow pokey heavy arrow was on the way. He stood there and waited for it to hit exactly where I was aiming. It knocked him down!! He got up and went 40 yards before going down for good. Needless to say, it was the most rewarding and challenging crossbow kill I will ever experience:).

Soil Working animal Deer Bovine Antler
Deer hunting Hunting Trophy hunting Antelope Deer

·
Crossbow Nut
5,697 Posts
Great pix Moon, can only imagine the thrill of drilling that buck with that ancient replica armbrust. Pass through?

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
16,831 Posts
I woulda NEVER tried that!:eek: Awesome! Nice buck with a REAL primitive weapon. Thanks for sharing.:)

·
SE VA
14,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sadly, the beautiful wooded area, where I shot that buck, no longer exists. It was clear cut in 2018. I was fortunate, though, to have years to hunt that woodland before they destroyed it.

·
SE VA
14,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’d still have it if I had not suffered a stroke 4 years ago. I sold it to a gentleman that planned on hunting out West with it. I hated to part with it but I could not squeeze the tickler (trigger) hard enough to make it shoot:-(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.