Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Vortex Ranger 1500. I have no complaints. It is pretty accurate and I have not had any trouble ranging out to 120 yards. That is as far as I shoot at targets. I have been reading about the Bushnell G force 1300 bosting to be the most accurate on the market. Does anyone have experience with it

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
3,267 Posts
IDKF, but I think it's the model that replaced my Bushnel Elite 1300. Probably has a comparable lazer in it, I'm assuming...I know with mine, it'll work through darkness, rain, and snow storms. (even through my house windows at closer ranges.) I've ranged a rock face through a heavy snow fall at 850yds, then double checked it the next day in the clear sunshine. Got the same reading...For longer ranges, it's good to mount them solid, like on top of my spotting scope...I've ranged things past 850 also, just nothing stands out in my mind right now of exact details....very powerful units for sure!!!! When I ranged my Stone in my avatar, I could just free hand it at 469yds! :D

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya it does. Arrow drop after 60 yards starts increasing fast every yard so I am looking for an extremely accurate range finder. Being off by one yard on range is big difference in poi after 80 yards

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
3,267 Posts
Good call...I see what you're after....IDK, but that VR must be pretty darn accurate for that. It's gotta have a strong lazer if it's rated 1500, not that marketing like that means everything....

·
Registered
171 Posts
The great news is competition is pushing innovation and more good rangefinders are coming out every year. That said, I’ve been a Leica fan for a long time and don’t see that changing any time soon. The new Sig BDXs have recently gained quite a following and there is much to like as they’ve done a fine job of electro-optics integrating - very strong lasers combined with environmentals and Bluetooth connection with their scopes. So, I tried one out. Very powerful, with a lightning fast and clear, bright readout. However, as someone who is primarily a hunter there’s a few things folks rarely talk about when discussing rangefinders. Oh, folks love throwing around raw specs, but I like to evaluate stuff against exactly how I going to use it. The Sig is very good and better than most - rugged, powerful and accurate in open country. But I find the Leica does the best job at actually discerning the exact object or animal I’m actually trying to range, especially when I have to range beyond trees, brush and objects in the foreground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.