Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new crossbow, and 9 new Rage Hypodermic Crossbow 100gr 2" cut broadheads (three 3 packs).
4 Of the broadheads screw into my Ravin bolts and they tighten down. The other five rattle, no matter how tight I screw them in. I've tried them on different bolts, with the same results. The 5 rattlers sound like a loose field tip--the bolts have a little rattle to them and the blades are not tight--them move a bit. Anyone else have this problem, or better yet a solution? Much appreciated as bow season starts next week
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I haven't had any trouble with them. I did notice the ones I have that are copy's do rattle. I haven't used them to hunt.

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
Get some 1/4" dental bands and slip one over the front of the blades. Rattle will be gone and you will have insurance against premature openings also.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Rage and they asked me to send them pics and video of product. They said that these were fakes, and not their product. I can't believe I got scammed! They said it happens a lot unfortunately.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a couple with rattling blades so just added a band to them.
I called Rage and they asked me to send them pics and video of product. They said that these were fakes, and not their product. I can't believe I got scammed! They said it happens a lot unfortunately.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a couple with rattling blades so just added a band to them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did you buy them from?
Ebay. Rage rep said Ebay and sometimes Amazon have tons of forgeries of their products. Recommended not buying them online again. I already went out to Dunhams and bought more--no rattles, LOL Live and learn!

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
We call them Chinadernimcs and that is what I actually shoot. They are just as good as the Rage heads are. I sold all my Rage originals after shooting them and bought more. They do need sharpening a little before hunting with them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts