Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ti kit, Ti axles, LS broad bands, Huskemaw 4X40 with MT rings sighted to 120yrds , Turret, Cable pulley system, GAS threads, 1 doz PhalanX builds, lit nocks, T-shirt and a hat that fits ;)

Next

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Total Cost for all the work and materials please.

Ti kit, $285
Ti axles, $65
LS broad bands, $65
Huskemaw 4X40 with MT rings sighted to 120yrds ,Scope $585 / labor to sigght in with data past 100-120yrds $250
Turret, Cable pulley system, GAS threads, $329.95
1 doz PhalanX builds ( 2.0), $280
lit nocks,$252 ( 12 firenock lit functions )
SKB $345
Aero Rest installed $175
VL Logo replacement $17.95
6 Aero Points $19.95

Hat / Shirt N/C.

Waiting on Bow #2 from Shooter..

Registered
Ti kit, $285
Ti axles, $65
LS broad bands, $65
Huskemaw 4X40 with MT rings sighted to 120yrds ,Scope $585 / labor to sigght in with data past 100-120yrds $250
Turret, Cable pulley system, GAS threads, $329.95
1 doz PhalanX builds ( 2.0), $280
lit nocks,$252 ( 12 firenock lit functions )
SKB $345
Aero Rest installed $175
VL Logo replacement $17.95
6 Aero Points $19.95

Hat / Shirt N/C.

Waiting on Bow #2 from Shooter..
$2669.85 total.
Approx cost of R29 is now $5000.00 o_O :whistle:

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$2669.85 total.
Approx cost of R29 is now $5000.00 o_O :whistle:

Cross bow is little by little creeping it's way towards where custom rifle are. , 5, 10, 12K+.. I this the guy bought the bow used, very good shape, so the number is most likely around 4ish.. The Scope and case alone though were a good chunk of it.. A bow I posted prior had one of those GARMINS that now sell for around $1800

Registered
If you ask me it surpassing custom rifles, depending on who's building them!

My gunsmith charges $75 to sight in my custom rifle to 500 yards......
You charge $250......

Think I see where most of the COST comes in......

His charge if he builds it......$0

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My sight in cost is approx $62.50 per hour. This included not only me shooting in the bow, but also I have to hook up to a trailer with my truck and bring several targets to my nearby property , set up the targets and take down the targets to prevent them from being stolen. There is the cost of targets that also comes in the play. I am not sure the different at the end of the day on paper vs foam, but there is over $2,000 in foam put on the range. The process is about 1/2 day..

Firerce Firearms has $300+ price for dial up

Registered
My gunsmith travels 45 minutes to a 1000 yd range,sets targets out,then has to load back up and drive 45 minutes back. Your point?

He has set days to sight in rifles,so does more than one at a time, like I would assume you do as well. Do you charge each customer that $62 rate each? Just curious!

And like I said,if he builds it $0 charge.....

Reactions: jthomas218

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My gunsmith travels 45 minutes to a 1000 yd range,sets targets out,then has to load back up and drive 45 minutes back. Your point?

Maybe his targets are little metal stands and not 3-4ft octagons of foam. Maybe he likes driving and doesn't figure roughly 2 hours into it,, I do not know why your gun smith charges X amount of dollar when other companies start at $300 as I listed the link.. Maybe your gun smith can't get more $$$ for his service.. His rates are really of no concern to me, that's his business.. Not to sound rude, but I really don't care what your gun smith gets the moot point is really what you brought to the table.. You're appearing to weigh out rates when of time your Smith doesn't factor in or his value is less say $25 per hour which in that case that is below the normal of a most shops. If I wanted to make $25 per hour I would go work for someone..

Registered
Maybe his targets are little metal stands and not 3-4ft octagons of foam. Maybe he likes driving and doesn't figure roughly 2 hours into it,, I do not know why your gun smith charges X amount of dollar when other companies start at $300 as I listed the link.. Maybe your gun smith can't get more $$$ for his service.. His rates are really of no concern to me, that's his business.. Not to sound rude, but I really don't care what your gun smith gets the moot point is really what you brought to the table.. You're appearing to weigh out rates when of time your Smith doesn't factor in or his value is less say $25 per hour which in that case that is below the normal of a most shops. If I wanted to make $25 per hour I would go work for someone..
LOL,he charges a lot more than that by the hour. I was just stating about the sight in charge! Charge what you want OR what you can get away with.....

One of his latest projects was working on a set of Dance brothers revolvers from the 1800's, valued at over $250,000. So I think he knows what he is doing......

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL,he charges a lot more than that by the hour. I was just stating about the sight in charge! Charge what you want OR what you can get away with.....

One of his latest projects was working on a set of Dance brothers revolvers from the 1800's, valued at over $250,000. So I think he knows what he is doing......

You come on my post knocking on my sight in price comparing it to a guy who does rifle sight ins "less" than telling me how the guy works on gun 1/4 million$ guns.LOL!

Hey, thanks for the humor.

Registered
You come on my post knocking on my sight in price comparing it to a guy who does rifle sight ins "less" than telling me how the guy works on gun 1/4 million$ guns.LOL!

Hey, thanks for the humor.
I guess since it takes you a 1/2 a day to sight in a bow to 120 yards, with an etched turrett your price is fair.......LOL

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess since it takes you a 1/2 a day to sight in a bow to 120 yards, with an etched turrett your price is fair.......LOL

The sight in is for the data collection of the etched turret. I give the shooter a reference of clicks from a zero point that he can reference and confirm based on his shooting style.

2nd your comment is misleading my detail. The 1/2 day included the transportation ,sight in, set up and break down of targets. Nobody "has" to get this service from me. It's an option that I am not doing for any less. Not sure why you are continuing to degrade my rate . Did you show your gun smith my price, is he PO that I am getting more to sight in a bow than he is a "long range" rifle or are you PO that people are sending me bows to do over $1,000-$1,500+ in upgrades to on top of sight in?

What's your problem?

Registered
The sight in is for the data collection of the etched turret. I give the shooter a reference of clicks from a zero point that he can reference and confirm based on his shooting style.

2nd your comment is misleading my detail. The 1/2 day included the transportation ,sight in, set up and break down of targets. Nobody "has" to get this service from me. It's an option that I am not doing for any less. Not sure why you are continuing to degrade my rate . Did you show your gun smith my price, is he PO that I am getting more to sight in a bow than he is a "long range" rifle or are you PO that people are sending me bows to do over $1,000-$1,500+ in upgrades to on top of sight in?

What's your problem?
My only point was that after you charge someone for a build (basically just bolt parts on, that others built), then you gouge them with a ridiculous sight in charge!

You posted the charges ,not me! I was just commenting on them.......You must be the only bow shop for 500 miles to get those rates! Sucker born every day though! Good luck.......

Oh,my custom Nemesis( built from the ground up ), wasn't even close to 1/4 of your build! And yes he is a true custom builder......Not a bolt parts on guy!

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My only point was that after you charge someone for a build (basically just bolt parts on, that others built), then you gouge them with a ridiculous sight in charge!

You posted the charges ,not me! I was just commenting on them.......You must be the only bow shop for 500 miles to get those rates! Sucker born every day though! Good luck.......

Oh,my custom Nemesis( built from the ground up ), wasn't even close to 1/4 of your build! And yes he is a true custom builder......Not a bolt parts on guy!

Price were asked and yes I commented on them.

You came on this post with a bone to grind and now it's obvious why. You act like a new bow was invented when really what happened was a the guy built a knock off bow.. I'm not knocking the mans talents in machining, but needless to say many manufactures outsource parts them put the bow together. Think Rex from Scorpyd "molds" DS risers..lol! That take part and "bolt" them together. Is the guy a Vendor,, or just making bows for therapeutic reasons? Trying to figure out why a "true custom guy" can't even get close to my bolt on numbers, incompetency?

Some shooters are no fault of their own can't set up the bow , I also offer selling the parts for those that want to take the leap. I will say that many who by the Aero Rest off me need to call me to set that up. Before Aero Rest came out ime most in Ravin world did not have any idea of what "center shot " meant.

Actually most of the bows I get in for sight in are out of my state. I'm in NJ, the bow above was from RI. I have another also done, not in pics that is going back to MN as well as I have I think 4 other bows to get out the door this week.. Feel free to do the math and chew on that number.

Registered
Price were asked and yes I commented on them.

You came on this post with a bone to grind and now it's obvious why. You act like a new bow was invented when really what happened was a the guy built a knock off bow.. I'm not knocking the mans talents in machining, but needless to say many manufactures outsource parts them put the bow together. Think Rex from Scorpyd "molds" DS risers..lol! That take part and "bolt" them together. Is the guy a Vendor,, or just making bows for therapeutic reasons? Trying to figure out why a "true custom guy" can't even get close to my bolt on numbers, incompetency?

Some shooters are no fault of their own can't set up the bow , I also offer selling the parts for those that want to take the leap. I will say that many who by the Aero Rest off me need to call me to set that up. Before Aero Rest came out ime most in Ravin world did not have any idea of what "center shot " meant.

Actually most of the bows I get in for sight in are out of my state. I'm in NJ, the bow above was from RI. I have another also done, not in pics that is going back to MN as well as I have I think 4 other bows to get out the door this week.. Feel free to do the math and chew on that number.
I'm done! Have at it.......

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm done! Have at it.......

Of course you're done.. You backed yourself into a wall when the questions got a little hard you ran out of stupid stuff to say.. I completely understand.

I won't expect you to answer this, but I will leave this here for you to brain over.,

#. If I buy shafts from Black Eagle along with vanes and inserts an put them together to form an arrow, am I the builder or is Black Eagle the builder, if neither me or BE built the arrow do you still consider the arrow being "built" even though I didn't make the parts and BE didn't put the arrow together ...

My analogy to bows..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts