Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

Registered
Wow,
Now we'll actually have at least one of the dynamtic duo (Moon and Duke) who actually will show pics. of Ravin kills as opposed to R26 pics.
Just kiddin Moon. If I'm fortunate enough to live to be 78, I'll probably be very lucky just to be able to hold up a camera - let alone a crossbow.

You and Duke both are a HUGE asset to CBN and we are very fortunate to have each of you as active members. You both have lengthy pages of posts because folks like to hear what you have to say (even if I can't understand some of Duke's words).

BTW, I'm sure that XB75 Zeiss scope you helped design is a winner. I might have to try one myself before long - especially if the ship dates keep slipping on the Burris and Halo auto ranging scopes.

Registered
Why do I keep envisioning Moon saying; come to the dark side Duke. Duke; No! Never! Moon; I am your father Duke. Duke; oh, ok then,be right over.馃槇 This would be the perfect time for Moon to sell his Ravin and get the Swat X1 and start giving Duke crap about his xbow.

Hades froze ... over. 馃槀 Just got off the horn with Wyvern. Ravin R29X is in the mail. If you want one, he only has two left now, and as you read elsewhere, Ravin is going balls to the wall on the R500 until further notice. :eek:

Just think, me & Moon are crossbow bros now...lol :oops::p馃槀
View attachment 198054
LMAO, I really thought you鈥檇 be the last guy on earth to buy a Ravin. I suppose it will have to be me then. ;)

SE VA
Joe, don鈥檛 say that馃槅. You may one day have to eat some.......crow:giggle:

Registered
there is a reason a 2nd year crossbow company sells for 94 million.
Its absolutely not because they have not done anything new..................... o_O

It would be because it likely obsoletes all the competitors but a few.

Yeah, that was me. It was true of course, but it was more about bantering with the overly effusive author of that thread than anything else... if I recall correctly.馃馃槣

Reactions: SEW

Registered
Good luck with your new bow Duke. I think the only way you could hold 3 lbs on a 10 point is to have Burky put a bracket on like he did on his Sage but then you have no warranty.

Registered
Hades froze ... over. Just got off the horn with Wyvern. Ravin R29X is in the mail. If you want one, he only has two left now, and as you read elsewhere, Ravin is going balls to the wall on the R500 until further notice. :eek:

Just think, me & Moon are crossbow bros now...lol :oops::p
View attachment 198054
Congrats on the new bow! I absolutely loved hunting with my Scorpyd and never had a desire to replace it but after getting getting the Swat XP last season I never took the Vent off the hook. A narrow compact bow can鈥檛 be beat for hunting and as you have mentioned the sliding trigger box will shine especially for your game management hunts.
I think you鈥檙e going to be a very happy camper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
Congrats on the new bow! I absolutely loved hunting with my Scorpyd and never had a desire to replace it but after getting getting the Swat XP last season I never took the Vent off the hook. A narrow compact bow can鈥檛 be beat for hunting and as you have mentioned the sliding trigger box will shine especially for your game management hunts.
I think you鈥檙e going to be a very happy camper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ya I was shooting the XP yesterday and figured my Scorpyd bows won't get as much time in the woods

Registered
The only thing about this trigger is they are slightly aft of where I would like them. I would like to see them more in line with the Sub - 1 trigger...now that is a good fit. But the design of the Ravin is king.

The only thing about this trigger is they are slightly aft of where I would like them. I would like to see them more in line with the Sub - 1 trigger...now that is a good fit. But the design of the Ravin is king.
I'm pretty sure ... someone could make a sweet little shoe to attach to that trigger to better space it for shooters who want or need it. Would extend extend forward in the trigger guard in effect extending the length of pull to your trigger finger.

Brands don,t matter. Hunters matter. The right mindset will be successful regardless. All the rest of this is just time killing banter..
Gospel ... truth to that "hunters matter." And mindset.

I do think that a lot of other subjects matter though. Passing on and sharing knowledge on diverse subjects is part of what keeps us all socially engaged and mentally vibrant. Helping and entertaining each other is just rewarding for all those engaged in it. And there's plenty of those selfless types on this forum!

I think this Covid pandemic made us cognizant to how important social interaction is to good mental health. I was at a BBQ at a Russian/Jew doctor's home yesterday and we were talking about how there was so much upheaval in the Brooklyn Jewish community because of a city life where you're locked down in a tiny apartment with no contact and social interaction with other people. I started that "Welcome Respite" thread about 14 months ago to shed light and thank everyone here for providing that "cyber" society that is so critical to keeping us on an even keel. The pandemic elucidated something we took for granted. We can go crazy without each other. ;)

Anyway ...lol Without going too far down the yellow brick road, I agree with you and attach a rider onto your original truism.

LMAO, I really thought you鈥檇 be the last guy on earth to buy a Ravin. I suppose it will have to be me then. ;)
I'm the ... last guy on earth to buy a recurve. :p ;)

Reactions: JOE PA

Registered
I'm pretty sure ... someone could make a sweet little shoe to attach to that trigger to better space it for shooters who want or need it. Would extend extend forward in the trigger guard in effect extending the length of pull to your trigger finger.
Already have that shoe from Bigbird on both th R10 and R29X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Iron Duke
61 - 80 of 100 Posts