Crossbow Nation banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
11,268 Posts
Just curious ... what would a 433fps/167ke Scorpyd Orion with ACUdraw, a dozen premium arrows, soft case, long and short rope cocking sleds, extra string & cables, and say an entrance level Bushnell 3-9x or UTG illuminated 3-12x44mmAO scope be worth? I never sell stuff but I have zero need for 3 crossbows. All ready to go into the woods and continue killing deer. Or, how can I find out?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
The shoe and stirrup are a must imo

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
SE VA
12,359 Posts
Funny.........the Ravin trigger location is one of the things I like the most. Different strokes.....😊

·
11,268 Posts

Bought a second crank in case one gets dropped. Used up the last of my Cabelas bucks...lol 😏

·
SE VA
12,359 Posts
Duke, good move on the crank. My R26 crank’s clutch started slipping a bit when it was about a year old. Ravin replaced it no charge.

·
11,268 Posts
I'll say ... this much, the bow has a bit of stout to it fitted with the 3lb ATN system. Mounted the optical device last night. It's not going to be bouncing around with every heartbeat or in a light breeze...lol I'm sure all that weight will dampen the shot a lot.

I played with it a little last night in the "Night Mode." Impressive with the small supplied 850nm IR illuminator. Truly outstanding with my big Wicked Lights 940nm rheostat controlled, aspherical lens, 403iC illuminator. The ATN provides a picture like the new P45 white phosphorus night vision devices, no P43 green picture. I could shoot mice at crossbow range. ;) I keep a smaller Wicked A48 red light in my backpack that I think I'll switch the 940nm pill into in order to cut down on the size and weight a little.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
11,268 Posts
Breakaway Coaster ... I keep a pack around all the time and use them on scope magnification rings. Even carry one in my backpack for when someone hands me a weapon to use. They do two things:
#1. Make hard to turn mag rings easy to adjust.
#2. Allow you to quickly find the ring and adjust it without looking or fumbling around while you're in the scope and on target.

Anyway, the Breakaway Coasters open wide enough to use on the large diameter ATN X-Sight focus ring.

·
11,268 Posts
Great video ... thanks for the information. For a super premium crossbow and the popularity of illuminated nocks these days that situation is ludicrous. It's like selling a $60,000.00 4 wheel drive SUV that snow tires won't work on. I don't presently use lighted nocks for a few reasons, one of which being I try to fly under the radar. Don't need flaming arrows streaking across the suburban skies at dusk. 😂 ;) Nice to be forewarned that I'm in for hellacious frustration if I ever decide to use them.

Reactions: bowmanmt

·
Registered
6,312 Posts

·
Registered
13,788 Posts
If using the rubber tool point the arrow at the floor while you shake it. I can wiggle mine off using a finger and thumb to rock them out but I shaved mine.

·
SE VA
12,359 Posts
One more time…….why I don’t mess with illuminated nocks of any kind……and never will.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
If using the rubber tool point the arrow at the floor while you shake it. I can wiggle mine off using a finger and thumb to rock them out but I shaved mine.
Robert I hear you, but man I am just about done with trying to get a lighted nock for my Ravin.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That’s a fine looking MACHINE you have there Sir! My R10 “and me” are envious....
I have both the R10 and the R29X sniper....and the R10 is no slouch by any means....440 grains at 396 fps is a ton of energy and it holds extremely well.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Just curious ... what would a 433fps/167ke Scorpyd Orion with ACUdraw, a dozen premium arrows, soft case, long and short rope cocking sleds, extra string & cables, and say an entrance level Bushnell 3-9x or UTG illuminated 3-12x44mmAO scope be worth? I never sell stuff but I have zero need for 3 crossbows. All ready to go into the woods and continue killing deer. Or, how can I find out?
View attachment 198184
Ebay is a good place to start:
Scorpyd Orion with ACUdraw | eBay

·
Registered
Ravin R10/Hawke XB30 Compact 2-8 / R20
64 Posts
It seems like all are just convinced that the problem is in the product....I have lighted lumenock Ravin arrows and have no issue with turning them off. The Lumenock extinguisher that resembles pliers works the easiest, however the sleeve type like in your video also works. You must hold the pressure just at the nock , not hold the sleeve above the nock. Also you only need to wiggle enough to get results..not to hard. A very little practice and it becomes easy to do. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
It seems like all are just convinced that the problem is in the product....I have lighted lumenock Ravin arrows and have no issue with turning them off. The Lumenock extinguisher that resembles pliers works the easiest, however the sleeve type like in your video also works. You must hold the pressure just at the nock , not hold the sleeve above the nock. Also you only need to wiggle enough to get results..not to hard. A very little practice and it becomes easy to do. Hope this helps.
I am sorry to say that it is a production problem, that's pretty much what the owner of luminock told me over the phone. He says he would rather make them a little bit looser, but Raven wants them very tight. so he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have used Luminocks before i switched to firenock. I can see if this was the first time using their lighter knock but it isn't.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts