Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried one of these yet if so what's your thoughts on it
Does it have some kind of speed dial or just 3 fixed dots

·
SE VA
13,348 Posts
Looks like nobody has. Can someone post a photo ?

OK, I found it but know nothing about it
Automotive lighting Rectangle Bumper Wood Automotive exterior

·
Crossbow Nut
4,711 Posts
It's on Lancaster's site.
I lost interest at the $200 price tag and the fact that they must be on the same container ship as the 500 fps wunderbogen.
"Temporarily Out Of Stock You can still order this!"
No info under "specifications", and no reviews.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Has anyone tried one of these yet if so what's your thoughts on it
Does it have some kind of speed dial or just 3 fixed dots
I'd guess it’s a 1x power like most reflex sights and 3 dots would indicate fixed aim points that’s only valid for specific distances based on velocity.

I might be interested in one for my turkey shotgun. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a new R10 that I intend to use in archery season. Colorado requires a 1 power scope to be legal. I asked Ravin about a scope and they recommended this one. The said the three dots could be used for three differennt ranges and suggested either" 20, 30 ,40 or 30, 40 50". I assume that implies some adjust ability, but the E mail response was short and did not say anything else. I am totally new to the Cross bow thing, so beyond that I can't help. The Cabela's guy where I bought the CB recommended a Sig Saur Romeo 5. It is similar, and somewhat cheaper. I still don't know what I am going to do.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've been eyeballing one for a bit. Looks a bit cheaply made in the pics, though. May not be the case at all, but it just has that very chinesy look to me. Kind of clunky and rough around the edges. Curious if anyone has been using it, though.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have a new R10 that I intend to use in archery season. Colorado requires a 1 power scope to be legal. I asked Ravin about a scope and they recommended this one. The said the three dots could be used for three differennt ranges and suggested either" 20, 30 ,40 or 30, 40 50". I assume that implies some adjust ability, but the E mail response was short and did not say anything else. I am totally new to the Cross bow thing, so beyond that I can't help. The Cabela's guy where I bought the CB recommended a Sig Saur Romeo 5. It is similar, and somewhat cheaper. I still don't know what I am going to do.
Welcome to the site Dave. On one of my xbows I use an Eotech sight. I love it.
I don’t think you’d get exactly 20, 30, 40 or 30,40,50.
you would have to zero it on your choice and then figure out exactly what yardages your other pins land on. My Eotech 512xbow came with a little chart for a certain weight arrow and for each speed setting every dot had a different yardage. Example 350 fps first dot 20 yards second dot 31 yards third dot 42 yards etc. those numbers aren’t exact. It’s just an example. If you’re interested I’d gladly snap a couple photos of it so you can see and get an idea.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
The said the three dots could be used for three differennt ranges and suggested either" 20, 30 ,40 or 30, 40 50". I assume that implies some adjust ability,
I would think the adjustability would move all 3 dots at once. Once the top dot was set for either 20 or 30 yards, you’d have to do some sort of “walk back” to get the 2nd and 3rd dots dialed in.

I doubt any MOA data for the 3 dot spacing is readily available. Probably could do some math looking at a graph chart though.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I bought one a year ago on my R18 vapor in the mist bow. I like the idea and think it will work for most of my hunting. The r18 was supposed to be a 330 fps bow. So hopefully the 3 dots are calibrated for that. That was one reason I ordered the R18. Maybe this year I will get one.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Its the same old 3 dot optic. They have several that are set up to fit diff fps models. Heck TRu-Glo had or still does have them. Tru-Glo maybe better n cheaper. I have n use a Leapers T-dot red/gn. on my MXB320. Have dot sighted in at 30 yards, then the leg of T hits right at 40 yards. I have shot mine so much that i can hit very well out to 45 yards, other than wanting the light weight. You or i can put a small light scope on it n shoot 20-30-40 yards. You run most ranges depending on how your crossbow shoots. When i had my MXB400 i used shotgun 4x scope x-hair was dead on at 35, then hold over or under 5-50 yards was covered

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the site Dave. On one of my xbows I use an Eotech sight. I love it.
I don’t think you’d get exactly 20, 30, 40 or 30,40,50.
you would have to zero it on your choice and then figure out exactly what yardages your other pins land on. My Eotech 512xbow came with a little chart for a certain weight arrow and for each speed setting every dot had a different yardage. Example 350 fps first dot 20 yards second dot 31 yards third dot 42 yards etc. those numbers aren’t exact. It’s just an example. If you’re interested I’d gladly snap a couple photos of it so you can see and get an idea.
Thank you, I am not going to buy a 1 power yet, I need to get some time in on the Ravin before I decide. I have never used a red dot sight, so nay info I can glean from you on this site is invaluable.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Ok. Here’s some info. Now every sight is different and I don’t know the spacing of the dots on the eotech. It says 349 grain and a 100 grain tip.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
The site is not allowing me to post pictures. But here is some info.
Eotech 512xbow
300 fps dots are 20 30 40 50
350 fps dots are 20 32 45 56
It has specs from 225 fps to 450 fps.
Double check the regs as some don’t allow electronic devices on weapons.
you’re definitely doing the right thing by getting the xbow and putting it through its paces before making a decision on your optics. I’m certain the ravin 3 dot is manufactured by someone else and just rebranded as ravin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The site is not allowing me to post pictures. But here is some info.
Eotech 512xbow
300 fps dots are 20 30 40 50
350 fps dots are 20 32 45 56
It has specs from 225 fps to 450 fps.
Double check the regs as some don’t allow electronic devices on weapons.
you’re definitely doing the right thing by getting the xbow and putting it through its paces before making a decision on your optics. I’m certain the ravin 3 dot is manufactured by someone else and just rebranded as ravin.
Thanks, I am sure you are right about rebranding od the scope. I have been careful to use Ravin bolts and knocks, but I am sure the scope would not be an issue. I have found some highly recommended scopes that seem to be fine. I got a recommendation from a guy at Cabellas that he has used on his R10. It meets the colorado requiments.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts