Crossbow Nation banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I REALLY shouldn’t have watched that video!!!

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Several crossbows, properly tuned using good quality arrows, a good rest and no wind
are capable of making that group. The faster the crossbow, the flatter the arrow trajectory,
the easier it is to accomplish.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
12,620 Posts
Kick arse video
I REALLY shouldn’t have watched that video!!!
The way ... that right hand was spinning to uncock & recock?...lol Wouldn't cut it compared to the other cranks these days. Least not manually. To me everything will key on the motor drive version and how loud the motor is.

SPEED KILLS! That puppy is smoking. With a crappy scope at 100 yards? Impressive!
Jaw Cartoon Sharing Movie Event

Reactions: Tnmtns

·
Registered
95 Posts
To be honest, I see it only as incremental step-up of existing technology.
There is not much really new in it - please enlighten me if I'm incorrect .
And converting the 500 fps to metric units, 152.399 m/s do not exactly sound magical ...

Exactly.
And there is a law of diminishing returns in effect here.
Well for starters it shoots a 400 grain arrow over 500 FPS. Then the new crank is like no other.

The only way I would ever own one is IF it proves to be reliable, relatively maintenance free, not being a tuning queen, and I would have be rich to spend that kind of money on a crossbow. :)

Now then, with that said, and by looking at the 105 yard group Nolan shot, they have the accuracy down pat. But then again, considering Nolan puts out product videos, I wonder if that particular bow was fine tuned by Ravin before it shipped? Also, were the arrows cherry picked?

Either way, it is impressive.

·
Registered
15,189 Posts
For the record ... the ACUdraw on my Scorpyd Orion took THIRTY SEVEN! (37) revolutions to cock. Trust me, I counted them every time I killed a deer and "quickly" reloaded. ;) The R500 @15-17 is a cake walk in comparison and twice as fast as that.
My R20 takes 12 cranks. I tried to count his turns in the video and I think it was 15 cranks.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
That is a pretty awesome group at 105 yards! It did look like a lot of cranking. But they maintained the Ravin accuracy. Looks pretty nice to me so far!

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
3,226 Posts
Well it will shoot cherry picked arrows (if they were) or not. The bow shoot great with field tips. IMO this is a pure hunting bow if they ever was one. Field tip anything is pretty much useless info. This is a set it up to go hunting with a broadhead and hunt it. This to me means very limited shooting/practice. So unless its a bear to keep intune or just eats strings and serving. I wouldn't worry to much about that, I shot my bow 2 times hunting last year and once this year.

Sure sounds like you better use there arrows so no testing there. Just screw on a Swat X mag or a FOC and hope for the best. If they don't fly try the truglo. Surly the Rage will shoot.

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Lord!!!!!! When you get Duke AND Ramrod going after you………………🙄😆

Both of them could throw me up in the air and buy me before I hit the ground!!!🥴
No doubt, I am sure they could both shoot dimes outta the air 🎯 for fun!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I am waiting with baited breath for what is coming 4 months down the road.
I will be ordering a barrel of personal lube for the 1 year anniversary of the release.
I am marking the calendar for this day next year...When I can start posting "WHAT DID I SAY" threads.

LMAO! :ROFLMAO: 😝

20 fps per second for just another $1000+ LOL!
Sheep are gonna get sheered and screwed afterwards.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Amazing. Sounds reasonably quiet too the video.
Everyone's going to want one of these especially at only 3000.00

make sure you see the Borkholder Range day video where He shoots the bow at 105 yrds.

·
12,620 Posts
I got on too late today to throw in my 2 cents worth. :)
Yeah, like me ... and Ramrod could even lift him off the ground, let alone toss him in the air, with all those 1869 Liberty Head Double Eagle gold coins in his pockets? 😂

Reactions: NonTypicalCPA

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
invest in one......when did a crossbow ever become an investment.

if it breaks you pull out the back up one...............................😀

Anyway.. the crow bow has taken the crown................Again

Reactions: 1hunter
61 - 80 of 115 Posts