Crossbow Nation banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

SE VA
I sure wish the guy at Burkholder would PLEASE get off that BOLT BS!!!! I can鈥檛 help it!!! It鈥檚 a damn鈥檇 ARROW馃檮!!!

As to the Ravin 500, it鈥檚 going to be fun watching the show during upcoming months. Other manufacturers, you鈥檇 better be getting ready to get into the game.

I sure wish the guy at Burkholder would PLEASE get off that BOLT BS!!!! I can鈥檛 help it!!! It鈥檚 a damn鈥檇 ARROW馃檮!!!

As to the Ravin 500, it鈥檚 going to be fun watching the show during upcoming months. Other manufacturers, you鈥檇 better be getting ready to get into the game.
Yeah ... I look at the guy and I'm thinking "professional" then he opens his mouth and call the arrows "bolts" and his image as a potential supplier or dealer goes right in the toilet. "Bolt" has amateur and clueless written all over it. :rolleyes: :) Fits right in with this modern "chose your gender" 5 choices world ...lol

Registered
Yeah ... I look at the guy and I'm thinking "professional" then he opens his mouth and call the arrows "bolts" and his image as a potential supplier or dealer goes right in the toilet. "Bolt" has amateur and clueless written all over it. :rolleyes: :) Fits right in with this modern "chose your gender" 5 choices world ...lol
Wow Duke,
Just like you always start every post with Bold Caps, your comment about Bolts vs, Arrows clearly demonstrates that you and some others on CBN think they're the Authority on Crossbows.

In actuality, CBN members represent a Very Small percentage of crossbow users and I bet Ravin and Borkholder are shaking in their boots because the Authority disagrees with them.
You guys need to get over yourselfs.

Registered
Wow Duke,
Just like you always start every post with Bold Caps, your comment about Bolts vs, Arrows clearly demonstrates that you and some others on CBN think they're the Authority on Crossbows.

In actuality, CBN members represent a Very Small percentage of crossbow users and I bet Ravin and Borkholder are shaking in their boots because the Authority disagrees with them.
I may be wrong here but I believe some crossbow manufacturers and/or arrow manufacturers have listed on their sites as them being called crossbow bolts. Not that I agree with that moniker. Just saying.

Registered
Sounds like we can鈥檛 blame Nolan or Bill. Seems some French kid sorted this stuff out hundreds of years ago!

sorry I couldn鈥檛 resist!

Registered
Sounds like we can鈥檛 blame Nolan or Bill. Seems some French kid sorted this stuff out hundreds of years ago!

sorry I couldn鈥檛 resist!
Ha, you beat me to it. I was just going to post similar information.

Registered
I think what bothers me more is the way he loads arrows in his videos. Just about every time he has his hands right in the triangle! For someone watching and new that鈥檚 not very responsible Imo!

Registered
Wow Duke,

Just to be fair I went to the Ravin home page and looked. They list all of theirs as Arrows. No mention of Bolts.

Registered
Wait until that French guy finds out鈥ou think the Australian Sub Deal made them angry鈥︹漵ome guy in Wisconsin is calling Crossbow Bolts Arrows!!! 鈥

SE VA
Who would have thought the name calling would start so quickly????馃檮

We all KNOW an arrow is an arrow. Duke got it right.

Registered
Price is all Relative based on you financial situation and wants or perceived needs.
Some folks justify going out and buying a $70K plus pickup while others wouldn't dream of spending half of that on any vehicle. I know one thing for sure. For me, I'd rather spend $3K on a crossbow vs. $70K on a pickup.
But at my age, I have no business buying either so I'll wait to see what comes out next year and still enjoy my 4 and 5 year old Ravins.

Registered
LOL Bigbird, I hear ya. My son in law just sold his 2 year old Raptor for more than what he paid for it. This crazy out there.

Registered
This dang bow is going to cause me to lurk over on the Ravin threads, a tad.......Just to see!!!

Reactions: NonTypicalCPA

Registered
Technically, if you go by the Oxford definition, any projectile traveling 500 feet per second or faster is considered a "bullet". So I guess the R500 now throws a wrench in the whole arrows vs. bolts argument. :LOL:

Seems like an interesting bow, though, and I look forward to seeing more videos of it.

Hopefully more reviews coming out as the bows are delivered.

And yes, I completely made up the bullet statement above.

Registered
yea...when i was new on here i learned it was to be called an arrow.

Now i could not careless what they are called, as its totally meaningless.

I worry about what matters.......and that whos bow is fastest........................... 馃お 馃ぁ

• Haha
Reactions: JCAT and Skeeter58
81 - 100 of 115 Posts