Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Vendor
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you give more info on the arrows? Weight, broadhead choice.

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

They are custom builds out of the shop. I forget off hand, but with the RAMCAT 100gn heads 500 on the lesser end with 575gn with Ironwill heads . The heaviest bolts with 200gn points I think were 880 0r 900 at 24inch .

·
220 Posts
They are custom builds out of the shop. I forget off hand, but with the RAMCAT 100gn heads 500 on the lesser end with 575gn with Ironwill heads . The heaviest bolts with 200gn points I think were 880 0r 900 at 24inch .
That will do for anything from smallest to the biggest African animal.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
That is going to be so much fun ! Wow ! Don't forget to post some pics and no post cards please....lol

·
Vendor
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am
That is going to be so much fun ! Wow ! Don't forget to post some pics and no post cards please....lol
on standby from the guy who gets to pull the trigger. He is doing all the big dangerous stuff. Very interested to see how he makes out

·
Registered
13,347 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
:eek: A Man on a mission! Good Luck, just keep shooting! ;)

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Nice setup and a whole bunch of arrows!!!

Reactions: Vital Limits

·
Registered
863 Posts
Been to Africa twice, once with a rifle & took 8 animals and another with a vertical bow taking 8 more. 2nd time I ended up with the Africa version of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever from a tick bite and also got what they call Nuisance Malaria at the Mayo Clinic(profuse fevers and night sweats). If I could ever go back it would be with a Crossbow for one animal, Cape Buffalo(Black Death). At this point I only look at my mounts and dream about how great of an experience I had over there. It was something I’d never take back but getting what I had would probably kill me now at 73.

·
220 Posts
Been to Africa twice, once with a rifle & took 8 animals and another with a vertical bow taking 8 more. 2nd time I ended up with the Africa version of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever from a tick bite and also got what they call Nuisance Malaria at the Mayo Clinic(profuse fevers and night sweats). If I could ever go back it would be with a Crossbow for one animal, Cape Buffalo(Black Death). At this point I only look at my mounts and dream about how great of an experience I had over there. It was something I’d never take back but getting what I had would probably kill me now at 73.
This is probably one of few times I will drop my crossbow and run.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

·
Registered
6,649 Posts

Your better off shooting it and taking your chances, because your not going to out run that unless there were trees right behind you easy enough to climb fast !

·
Registered
2,899 Posts

It would take some serious nerves to stand and shoot with a steady hand! You would get one shot! If you miss you would be dead before you could cock the bow,load an arrow,then take aim! I'd be climbing a tree faster than a squirrel.....

Reactions: Martymig
1 - 20 of 35 Posts