Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum and sure this has been discussed before. Any thoughts on Ravin Broadheads. I shoot a Ravin R29X Sniper 450fps and originally lost a 157" buck this past fall in SD. We found skeleton and rack this spring. I was using a Rage NC Hypordermic and had clean pass through. When I found bolt both blades were broken off about a 1/4 inch from ferrule. Good blood at first, but dried up. I have killed other deer using Rage mechanicals but don't want to lose another. At 450 fps hard to find broadhead to have confidence in. Ravin factory guy recommended Ravin Titanium but what would you expect. Any advivce would be appreciated.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Personally, I like SWAT broadheads and have had no premature openings in flight or broken blades. Plus, I'm just not a fan of two blade heads..not saying they don't work but three and four blade heads have more cutting edges.
I've had good luck with SWAT X4 and Ballistics...also had good luck with the tried and true Rocket heads such as the Sidewinders..just use an extra band on those.

·
Registered
228 Posts
SWAT XMags are pretty durable. While I think they look like little water heaters they actually fly like darts. I’m a former Rage guy who left for the exact same reason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts