Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
This works well too.
Robert,
Although an alien wrench can obviously get the job done, it should be noted that the Ravin trigger sear is spring loaded. As a result, you don't want to push in too far or it could be problematic.
My tool has a built-in stop so you can't push it in too far. It's also made of carbon infused nylon so you'll never scratch a thing on your expensive Ravin. It's also fully guided by the rail edges so it will work the first time every time.
I made this tool because it's ideal for use in changing out AS strings. Once they are installed and you've adjusted the cables to remove cam lean and than synched and timed your cams, the crossbow can now be cocked and decocked a few times to settle the cables and string in the cam grooves.
Now the SLR tool can be used to release the string from the mobile carriage before using my Nock Centering tool to place the nock notch in the correct location before shooting your first arrow.

With all do respect, I don't design tools just to sell them. I design tools that helps me shoot my Ravins will more repeatable accurately. I then offer them to others if they're interested. Like you and many other CBN members, I'm retired and certainly don't want another full time job. If I did, I wouldn't have retired because I could have made a heck of a lot more money then playing around with a silly 3D printer.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I was just letting folks know there is another way to do it with tools they already have on hand. I will probably get one of your tools next time I order from you. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was just letting folks know there is another way to do it with tools they already have on hand. I will probably get one of your tools next time I order from you. :)
I'm about to get some bigbird customizations too, I have been using the wrench but riflenut's videos helped me see how much better having the right tool for the job is. Also, there's potential with this tool to make something that can fire the bow from less than full draw, which intrigues me for small game.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm about to get some bigbird customizations too, I have been using the wrench but riflenut's videos helped me see how much better having the right tool for the job is. Also, there's potential with this tool to make something that can fire the bow from less than full draw, which intrigues me for small game.
Ghnami,
Please don't do that. It's an accident waiting to happen. A better choice would be to make a longer string and cable set for a R29X to tame that beast down. OR find a used R26 and install a set of R29 strings on it like Moon did. OR find yourself a used R9 if you don't mind a longer Ravin.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah I understand the danger and risk, just an idea. I believe it is possible, just not smart.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The carrier could fly back and hurt you or the bow. I don’t recommend. Yeah it’s possible but with huge risks. Get a sling shot. Better idea.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I ca
Yeah I understand the danger and risk, just an idea. I believe it is possible, just not smart.
I have an ideal to do what you want and it's not that difficult. If I were Ravin, I would make sure to get a patent on it before someone else does.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just want one toy/tool to do it all haha. It makes sense that something with the power to take down elk or bear would be overkill for squirrels and chipmunks, but it doesnt have to be that way.

The stock scope is set to change targeting based on the FPS dial, it seems like they may be working on or at least anticipating a development like this. Imagine markers on the rail to show you how fast your arrow will fly based on how far you've cocked it, dial in that fps on your scope and bam, now a top end high fps xbow with a ton of utility. Transfer from stump shooting to big game shooting with a crank of the handle and a spin of the scope.

This would excite me more than them surpassing 500fps.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Nice job BB1
Thanks Ramrod,
Between SLR tools, Trigger shoes, Nock Centering tools, Bubble levels, stock spacers and extensions, loose stock brackets and rear crank handle holders, I'm way busier than I want to be this time of year.
It's a darn good thing I don't have a website or else I'd have no time at all for hunting.
I'd like to find time to make a few Ravin stirrups as well but it's wishful thinking right now.

Oh well, it's a heck of a lot better than having nothing to do other than arguing about whether a crossbow projectile is called an arrow or a bolt. Or worse yet, talking about politics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts