Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Oct. 2020 I purchased a new Ravin R29X which came with 6, .003 bolts. I also purchased an additional 6, .001 bolts
One vane immediately came off one arrow without contacting anything. A second arrow hits far left of every other arrow. I numbered every arrow and this one is way out of group. I contacted Ravin customer service and they responded the next day with questions, asking if I had knocked the arrow wrong which I had not. I responded stating that I had done everything properly and did not hear back from them. After 2 weeks with no response, I emailed again including Caleb (i think) and said if they didn't respond I would post negatively on social media and they immediately responded the next day stating how busy they were and that they would send two new arrows. In addition to not receiving the arrows promised I had a notice with my bow that if I registered it, I would receive a free Ravin hat. I registered my bow and never received a hat. It is now 2021 and I have still received nothing from Ravin
Has anyone had similar experience?
Thanks, Dennis

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
You have to take into consideration the holidays has USPS screwed up more than they already have been. I also think you need to keep contacting Ravin until you get what you have coming.

I got more than just a hat they owed me and string and cables that needed replaced. I made 2 phone calls and sent an email.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
In Oct. 2020 I purchased a new Ravin R29X which came with 6, .003 bolts. I also purchased an additional 6, .001 bolts
One vane immediately came off one arrow without contacting anything. A second arrow hits far left of every other arrow. I numbered every arrow and this one is way out of group. I contacted Ravin customer service and they responded the next day with questions, asking if I had knocked the arrow wrong which I had not. I responded stating that I had done everything properly and did not hear back from them. After 2 weeks with no response, I emailed again including Caleb (i think) and said if they didn't respond I would post negatively on social media and they immediately responded the next day stating how busy they were and that they would send two new arrows. In addition to not receiving the arrows promised I had a notice with my bow that if I registered it, I would receive a free Ravin hat. I registered my bow and never received a hat. It is now 2021 and I have still received nothing from Ravin
Has anyone had similar experience?
Thanks, Dennis
I had to email them for a hat and never received a reply.
June-ish, 2020.
A week or so later, a hat showed up unannounced in the mail.

As far as the arrow that is a flyer, try using a different vane as the cocking vane.
That may make it group better with your other arrows.
Manufacturers do not "spine match" their arrows, as some custom arrow builders do.

Keep reminding them about the arrows, I'm sure they will get you two new ones no probs.
They don't want to lose a Customer over two arrows, I'm sure.

8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
June-ish, 2020.

As far as the arrow that is a flyer, try using a different vane as the cocking vane.
Manufacturers do not "spine match" their arrows, as some custom arrow builders do.

Keep reminding them about the arrows, I'm sure they will get you two new ones no probs.
I've sent reminders and included a copy of this post, hopefully I will get a response. Thanks

8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to take into consideration the holidays has USPS screwed up more than they already have been. I also think you need to keep contacting Ravin until you get what you have coming.

I got more than just a hat they owed me and string and cables that needed replaced. I made 2 phone calls and sent an email.
Glad you received what was owed to you. I understand about the holidays but over two months has passed. They really need better service. I love, love, love my bow and have informed I would sing praises if they would only respond, which they never did until being threatened
Thanks

8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
June-ish, 2020.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,587 Posts
My Ravin hat took about 3 months to appear after I registered my bow and that at the first of 2020. Patience, everything is slow right now.

·
11,837 Posts
Yep, with all that is going on this country now, customer support, wherever you look, has fallen into the well!!!🙄🤨

·
Registered
566 Posts
Like mentioned already about trying another cock vane... Bad year to expect normal responses from manufacturers! One employee comes in with COVID-19 and it takes out a whole department for testing, quarantine etc... I have seen retailers complaining, try to put yourself on the manufacturing end of it... and Bobby tested positive in assembly and so did Jane in triggers, now tell us about your magic wand to keep it going...

·
Registered
12,587 Posts
Last I saw we still have members here waiting for mail and packages from early December to be delivered. His arrows are probably in a bin somewhere waiting to go forward when they finally get to it.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I believe the whole departments go in quarantine for 14 or so days at that point.
The food and beverage industry isn't doing that. They are going by a 15 min contact rule. And filing paperwork to track possible spread. Than shutting down to sanitize the area the infected employee is working in and all non contact employees are back to work. I'm not sure how they handle things in the archery buisness though.

8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update,
After emailing Ravin Monday and including a copy of my original post here on this forum I did receive a call from them today assuring me that they would send the two arrows and my hat. Thanks to everyone for your input
Dennis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts